Small Market Enterprise Business Development Officer-19015907
- A SME-BD acquires new clients that match the target market and profile of Citi Commercial Bank through delivering customized one-stop financial service solutions with a focus on the following responsibilities.
- Identify & Pitch Targets – Own the whole process of new client acquisition from identifying prospects, delivering customized financial service solutions to completing facility availment / system implementation
- Client engagement – Manage customer on-boarding with Citi and resolves any operational /service issues that may arise
- CA / Joint Risk Responsibilities with CLU – BD should work closely with CLU in preparing CAs and monitoring risk issues
- Risk Management - Close monitoring of client’s business trends and exposure performed by the BD individually
- Compliance/Legal related work - Ensure internal and regulatory compliance, flag off any AML/franchise related issues and keep abreast of all policies & processes
Identify & Pitch Targets
- Responsibilities in relation to identifying & acquiring new clients in Citi target markets include:
- Identifying prospects via various channels which meet Citi’s criteria (i.e. Target Market, financials, pre-screening criteria etc).
- Understanding client's business and banking requirements from client site visit and prepare call memo to document potential leads.
- Conducting sales pitch to offer suitable solutions and services from Citi’s product range (Cash, Trade, FX, Loans etc.).
- Discussing with clients and internal stakeholders on solutions, credit facility, pricing, terms and conditions etc.
- Requesting financial statements/relevant documents from prospect for 1st round review.
- Following up with client on any document deficiency or requests for more information.
- Following up with client on offer acceptance and confirm the facility is successfully availed or cash system is implemented.
- Responsibilities in relation to managing clients include:
- Performing relationship planning/KYC
- Resolving service/operational issues which are escalated by the RA.
- Transitioning the client relationship to SME-RM if hand-over criteria is met.
CA preparation / Joint Risk Responsiabilities with CLU
Responsibilities in relation to completing CAs and risk monitoring shared with CLU include:
- Completing relevant BD sections of the CA for new credit lines extended to new customers, upgrades of credit lines for existing customers and renewals for unchanged credit for submission to CLU. This includes relevant documentation such as S&A, RORC, ISDA, Regulatory and Compliance Checklist, Sanction Assessment etc.
- Performing background check on customer with relevant credit agencies, buyers, suppliers and banks with assistance of CLU.
- Liaising with CLU and Risk on issues/concerns raised over the CA.
- Conducting joint EW/client calls and monitoring triggers and tripwires at a CA level along with CLU and EW Risk team.
- Providing quarterly inputs to CLU for CCR write-up by contacting clients to obtain key financial and other updates for special mention clients.
- Preparing and presenting materials for portfolio reviews (e.g. large exposure reviews) and Red zone reviews at account level with assistance from CLU. CLU will assist by providing obligor level OSUC, ORR and other such data while the BD will need to write the proposed reasons and remedial action plans for Red Zones, or in the case of large exposure reviews write the credit outlook summary and provide inputs on financial forecasts/projections, and any other key developments since last CA.
- Credit files will be maintained by CLU with primary ownership remaining with the BD.
- Responsibilities in relation to monitoring existing client portfolio from a risk perspective include:
- Being the first line of Defense/Interface for any adverse news (eg on credit, reputation). Perform site visit and present findings to risk and business seniors via quarterly/semi-annual call memos.
- Working with the remedial unit for stressed account. This would include working on an action plan and keeping a close eye on criticized portfolio to detect red flags and potential double jumps.
- Preparing Greenlight Memo for enhancement based on any emerging opportunity to discuss with Business, Risk and CLU.
- Responsibilities in relation to ensuring compliance with regulations, policies and AML include:
- Managing and resolving compliance / AML exceptions and issues.
- Creating / renewing eCADD in a timely manner with assistance from RA by arranging information from client and liaise with BSU/CADD team in resolving exception.
- Resolving of non-regular transactions if escalated by RA.