Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About your job:
As a member of the Aircraft Deliveries & Supplier Quality Team, you are expected to oversee the build and quality assembly, including the delivery process of new required IFE system as per scope of company granted Authorizations a member of the Aircraft Deliveries & Supplier Quality Team. Establish partnerships with key suppliers to ensure the product is within the specification ensuring that all related deficiencies are noted and properly documented and corrected. Those deficiencies that cannot be corrected are imbedded in the associated commitment letter for improvement investigation and resolution as agreed while achieving cost containment.
Key Accountabilities include:
- To supervise a team of technical assistants which would be responsible for the final release of cabin products by the Supplier Quality Engineer- Level
- Perform all new supplier products' Source Inspections (SI) related to Cabin Interior systems prior delivery to Qatar Airways or designated MRO's to make sure the products is as per the specification and free of any quality manufacturing defects.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product quality and verify the implementation of the solution.
- Work with Vendor & Contract performance section to monitor the supplier KPl's and to ensure supplier performance is regularly reported and that appropriate and timely corrective actions are implemented.
- Participate in the establishment of Cabin Interior supplier performance metrics.
- Identify program related issues of Cain Interior supplier and liaise technical concerns to respective Qatar Airways department in order to place a solution on a timely manner.
- All manufacturer's published technical documents relating to open supplier concerns are reviewed and validated during factory inspection of supplier product ensuring items that affect the fleet operation are highlighted to responsible Aircraft Deliveries section for contractual resolution
- Provide guidance and technical advice on related Cabin Interior systems to other Supplier Quality Engineers-Level I.
- As a member of the Aircraft Deliveries & Supplier Quality Team, individuals in this capacity are expected to perform in a unified, coordinated team effort under the direction of the Supplier Quality Manager
- This position interacts with Product development, Aircraft Program and engineering as well as supplier representatives to improve processes that impact supplied products.
- Perform other Aircraft Deliveries & Production oversight duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
- To participate on a new Aircrafts definition and production selection along with the rest of the airline stakeholders.
- Participate on Product and work scope definition and development through Initial Technical Coordination Meeting (ITCM), Preliminary Design Review (PDR) and Critical Design Review (CDR) with involved suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- To participate with Aircrafts Program Team in the creation Product Specification Document (PSD) or/and the Quality Criteria Documents (QCD) that meets or exceeds the desired Qatar Airways requirements.
- Participate on the inspections of product/systems mock-ups or demonstration units at supplier facilities or trade shows. Similarly, all relevant mock-ups or demonstration units that need to be shown for review.
- Verification of product realization through inspection of first article production with relevant stakeholders (FAI).
- Participation in aircraft pre-definition exercises through trade study meetings, conferences etc. with OEMs, suppliers and other operators.
- Provide technical support and guidance to Aircraft program team to solve quality issues.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Relevant College or University qualification to min Post-Graduate level.
• Bachelor's Degree in an engineering or technical discipline (or non-technical degree with 6 years of experience in manufacturing, engineering or quality assurance experience, or an Associate's Degree with 12 years of manufacturing, engineering, or quality assurance experience).
• ICAO type II/Part 66 holder Engineer aircraft license.
You should have good understanding of aircraft manufacturing, aircraft production and delivery process. You must have effective problem solving, root-cause analytical skills to lead and influence others to drive change. You should have good Proficiency with MS Office tools with excellent English language oral communication & report-writing skills. You will have ability to work under pressure and within tight timeframes and deadlines.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Passport
3. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate