Job Description - Assistant Manager, Operations Risk and Administration (0000CXPF)
Assistant Manager, Operations Risk and Administration : 0000CXPF
Location: Westwood Square
HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the largest and leading international bank in Canada. HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3,800 offices in 66 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa
We help companies and individuals across Canada to manage their finances through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management.
It’s this global connectivity that you will find yourself inspired and collaborating with colleagues not just locally but also across continents and cultures.
About Retail Banking & Wealth Management
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide, helping them manage their day – to day finances and save for the future. We also connect institutional and retail clients with investment opportunities through our Global Asset Management division. We are committed to building long-term relationships with our customers, offering products and services to help them reach their goals and aspirations. We continue to exponentially grow our market share in Canada year on year.
Key Objectives for Assistant Manager, Operations Risk and Administration:
To manage the execution of the strategy ensuring risk elements are identified and mitigated, for a medium-large sized Market or Community Branch area that performs tasks that are moderately complex and varied in nature.
In a medium to large complex branch this position is expected to oversee and specifically manage compliance and risk related activities, ensuring elements are identified and mitigated for entire branch team (referred to as Branch Compliance role).
- Identify, understand and anticipate customer needs in order to provide excellent service and support.
- Act as primary point of contact (or secondary as appropriate) for complex operational inquiries involving internal and external parties.
- Oversee, and monitor customer complaints and where possible handles resolution appropriately and or escalate complex or unsual issue to higher levels.
- Primary or Back up HBM role supervises the mutual fund sales business conducted within the branch (approve new accounts and monitor trading activity) and Act as the primary point of contact for mutual fund customer inquiries requiring escalation.
- Ensure customer expectations are exceeded in terms of speed, efficiency, certainty and professionalism either face to face or through an alternate channel.
- Responsible for training and development in relation to Know Your Client (KYC) processes, policies, activities and reporting on behalf of functional area and / or branch.
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
- Lead team-based approach in anticipating and managing customer needs.
- Lead, engage and promote the culture of Treating Customer Fairly in the team
- Oversee the recruitment, selection and orientation of new employees. Works with branch leadership team to identify potential leaders from within the organization.
- Provide input for staff performance reviews on quarterly basis to identify areas for improvement.
- Provide training and development to others as related to operational and risk items.
- Provide open access for employees and customers to build rapport, discuss issues, and resolve concerns.
- Build the capabilities of the team to enhance their ability to achieve financial and operating strategy.
- Hire appropriately, leverage the talents of the team, identify potential leaders from the team, and take corrective action where necessary.
- Participate in business development programs within area of specialty to enhance product knowledge.
- Actively refer customers to other areas of HSBC where appropriate.
- Demonstrate HSBC Group Leadership capabilities and HSBC values and behaviours.
- Lead and develop an effective team through communication, performance management, development plans and reward/recognition practices.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Ensure branch or work area is maintained in accordance with HSBC standards.
- Provide input to Branch Manager to assist with leading and developing an effective team through communication, performance management, development plans and reward/recognition practices. Cultivate an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
- University / College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Requires industry-specific courses to serve as primary or back-up HIFC Branch Manager. To serve as primary HBM the incumbent requires: Proficiency requirements*
- Registerable as the BM under the applicable securities legislation
- 3 - 5 years of related work experience.
- 2 years experience selling mutual funds
- Excellent problem solving skills to resolve issues within own functional area and /or across functional areas.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to support the building of strong relationships with diverse groups of people.
- Excellent knowledge of HSBC’s products / services.
- Excellent knowledge of HSBC’s policies, practices, procedures and systems within own area.
- Excellent understanding of legislation and regulations as they apply to own area.
- Experience assisting with the performance management of direct reports through a performance management process.
- Experience managing multiple projects with multiple deadlines.
- Must be mobile in local area.
- Proficiency requirements could include any one of:
- Canadian Securities Course;
- Canadian Investment Funds Course; or
- Investment Funds in Canada AND the Branch Manager Course offered by CSI or IFIC; or
- A Branch Compliance Officers Course offered by Investment Funds Institute of Canadian Bankers.
- World Selection Portfolio certification (training provided by Asset Management Canada, AMCA).
- Aware of and understands how own area of the business performs (e.g., is profitable, conserves costs, etc.).
- Ability to speak / understand a second language is an asset.
In 2018, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the “Best 50 Corporate Citizens” in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine. HSBC was also the first company to be recognized as a top performer in gender diversity within the financial services sector, as part of a new Corporate Knights initiative to recognize leaders in this space.
Join HSBC, and benefit from the following:
Career Development: Within your current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
International Connectivity and impact: Build global relationships and be a part of international initiatives
A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make
: Retail / Branch Banking
: North America-Canada-Ontario-Mississauga
: Day JobType of Vacancy : Region vacancy
: 26-Apr-2019, 07:02:22
: 10-May-2019, 11:59:00