Job Description - Branch Manager (0000CWSE)
Branch Manager : 0000CWSE
Address: 4806 Yonge St Unit 106 North York ON M2N 5M9
HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the largest and leading international bank in Canada. HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3,800 offices in 66 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.
We help companies and individuals across Canada to manage their finances through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management.
It’s this global connectivity that you will find yourself inspired and collaborating with colleagues not just locally but also across continents and cultures.
About Retail Banking & Wealth Management
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide, helping them manage their day – to day finances and save for the future. We also connect institutional and retail clients with investment opportunities through our Global Asset Management division. We are committed to building long-term relationships with our customers, offering products and services to help them reach their goals and aspirations. We continue to exponentially grow our market share in Canada year on year.
Key Objectives for Branch Manager
- Motivate, coach and provide guidance to team members through regular and meaningful performance development.
- Creates and implements a departmental plan that supports the Retail Banking Wealth Management strategy; monitors and reports on achievement of targets and revises strategies as needed; takes responsibility for the attainment of desired KPI results, and implements improvements based on feedback.
- Anticipate and identify organizational change initiatives required to support the business strategy.
- Uses business and industry acumen to forecast and address future needs and challenges; develops and aligns business strategies to address these needs and challenges.
- Ensures compliance, operational and system controls in accordance with HSBC regulatory standards and government regulations.
- Leads a customer centric culture that aligns with corporate strategy.
- Uses customer insight to continuously enhance customer experience, increasing loyalty, advocacy and retention.
- Develops and maintains and active community profile.
- Ensure branch or work area is maintained in accordance with HSBC standards.
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
- Fosters a culture of compliance and optimizing relations with regulators. Ensure all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering, terrorist financing, sanctions and reputational risks.
- Actively involved in the recruitment and development of team.
Knowledge & experience / Qualifications:
The key success to this role is someone who thrives working in highly complex environment and has the industry expertise, business acumen, and strong people leadership experience to deliver.
The minimum requirements for this role is as follows:
- University / College degree or combination of equivalent education and experience in banking or related industry.
- 10 - 12 years of related and / or cross functional experience in industry with a minimum of 6 years of experience leading and managing others.
- Mutual Fund Registration. Requires completion of: Investment Funds in Canada Course; Canadian Investment Funds Course; and / or Canadian Securities Course.
- Demonstrated ability to take responsibility for financial results for a relatively complex functional area.
- Proven ability to build and manage a team of high performing professionals.
- Experience executing the growth strategy of a functional area or branch.
- Diplomatic problem solving skills to resolve issues within a functional area, and / or across functional areas.
- In-depth knowledge of regulations impacting personal financial services activities.
- Experience managing the performance of direct reports through a performance management process as well as experience in having performance discussions and / or coaching.
- Experience managing business process (es) within a functional area or branch.
- Experience executing a change process, new systems and expansion. Demonstrated experience communicating the vision for a functional area or small branch that inspires and aligns team.
- Sound knowledge of digital / online banking and sponsoring digital engagement for customers.
In 2018, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the “Best 50 Corporate Citizens” in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine. HSBC was also the first company to be recognized as a top performer in gender diversity within the financial services sector, as part of a new Corporate Knights initiative to recognize leaders in this space.
Join HSBC, and benefit from the following:
- Career Development: Within your current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
- Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
- Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
- International Connectivity and impact: Build global relationships and be a part of international initiatives
- A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
- Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make.
: Retail / Branch Banking
: North America-Canada-Ontario-Toronto
: Day JobType of Vacancy : Region vacancy
: 26-Apr-2019, 06:45:26
: 02-May-2019, 11:59:00