Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About your Job:
In this role, the Relief & Start-Up Airport Service Manager will travel to international Qatar Airways stations to provide short to medium term coverage of the station. The position-holder will ensure safe, secure and cost effective QR airport operations at the relief station (or Hub) to achieve regulatory compliance, operational efficiency while delivering customer excellence. Not only will the Relief & Start-Up Airport Service Manager provide support to existing stations, they will also provide operational support and quantify station readiness for start-up of new stations.
For new stations, the Relief & Start-Up Airport Service Manager will ensure that it is equipped with all relevant start-up operation arrangements. They will play a leadership role in ensuring that the Airport Operations operates in accordance with operational best practices, and in compliance with the organization’s policies and procedures, government regulations and partnership agreements.
Key accountabilities of the role include the following:
- Review operational readiness based and Identify contingency of all areas when pre-plan for operations is reviewed.
- Takes over the responsibilities of a Station Airport Services Manager/HUB Duty Manager when the post is temporarily vacated due to leaves, extended duty travels, resignations, etc. to ensure continuity of a safe and cost effective operation of the station or HUB.
- As a Temporary ASM ensures QR ground handling and customer service standards are met at all times; Liaises with local Airport Authorities and all Government agencies at the station; Represents QR at the relevant Airport meetings; Follows up and accomplishes pending work of the original ASM.
- As a Head Office staff, assists Regional Manager Airport Services in ensuring overall quality and cost control of QR’s airport operations and works on special projects related to Ground Services HO, as necessary.
- Will assist in development of business plan for his/her region.
- Relief and Start Up Managers are jointly involved with Ground Handling Agencies (GHA) assessment, office selection, staff recruitment process etc.
- Ensure new stations are equipped with relevant start up kits including Local Emergency Response Plan (LERP), Ground Operations Manual (GOM), Ground Service Manual(GSM)
- Relief & Start-up Manager is a key member at Emergency Response Deployment Group.
Management & Leadership
- Establish the team’s objectives and priorities to align with and support business objectives.
- Regularly evaluate the teams objectives, plans, procedures and practices, and makes appropriate changes if needed.
- Oversee and supervise employees. Direct daily activities, recruit, train, develop and discipline to ensure a high standard of service delivery.
- Will be ‘dropped in’ to various locations (including HUB) at short notice as required, expected to pick up key issues and attend to flight operation.
- Will be expected to immediately lead team of QR staff and GHA, taking over from previous/current ASM as required
- Responsible to ensure that employees at all levels understand work health and safety requirements and expectations through provision of relevant QR Group induction, information, instruction, training and supervision.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, security, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the operation to assure employee safety, security, legislative compliance and delivery of high quality service with a responsible environmental attitude.
- Ensure that all managers and supervisors understand work health and safety requirements and expectations to the extent that they can pass on relevant information, identify training needs and provide appropriate supervision in their workplace.
- Take a direct and personal interest in reported injuries, incidents, near misses and hazards to ensure that appropriate reporting, investigation and response is being achieved.
Qualifications and Experience required:
You will need a Bachelor’s degree and have a minimum of 5 years of experience within QR ground service environment as an ASM/Duty Manager in more than one airport, including varying Management roles. You will have attended Customer Services Training and you will hold an Airport Handling qualification. Experience in Ground Services is preferred and skills in more than one language is beneficial.
In addition, you will have the following job-specific skills:
- Good command of budgeting and reporting
- Experience of other airlines airport services organisation
- Managerial skills - Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate's skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate
3. Copy of Passport