Applications Support Senior Manager-19019172
Applications Support Senior Manager:
Overview of Citi:
Citi is a world leading global bank, it has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with state of the art ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
Citi is deeply embedded in the financial services sector and is represented in nearly every asset-class. Citi's Institutional Clients Group, Global Consumer Banking, International Personal Bank, Citi Global Wealth Management and Citi Private Bank are all leaders in their respective fields, supplying significantly to Citi's performance.
Citi’s Market Data Services (MDS) team supports global platforms and services, working with many vendors that deliver real-time financial market data and supporting 1000s of desktop and application subscribers, globally.
MDS are looking for an experienced support professional to join our existing MDS team in Hong Kong. You will work alongside our dynamic support team in APAC, providing production support in a demanding diverse business user base.
Role / Position Overview:
At Citi, we provide a fast growing, and personally challenging environment. We require anyone with excellent enthusiasm to join us and make an impact in supporting and improving the stability of our market data production environment.
As an MDS support analyst you will be working with our MDS colleagues in EMEA and NAM to ensure round the clock support of Market Data Services infrastructures. The role also provides you with unique opportunities to take part in varied project and engineering work.
- Be part of a team providing daily support for market data infrastructures and systems, stability is Citi's No.1 priority and you will ensure market data environments are performing optimally
- You will provide our consuming desktop and applications users, with knowledgeable and timely support
- You will communicate with Citi operations and technology partners on a regional or global basis
- You will engage with and keep market data users updated when coping with production issues, working with incident management and production support teams
- You will work with other production support colleagues across the region, engaging in global stability initiatives
- As part of your role you will work closely with our service vendors during support issues as well technology installations and maintenance
- You will look for efficiencies and improvements to help provide a more effective experience for our users
- Ability to work flexibly, covering shifts and on-call as required by the business
Project and Engineering Value:
- Your additional responsibilities will be to take on technology projects and engineering activities, that will keep the MDS platforms and systems running efficiently, EOV/EOLs upgrades, capacity enhancements and maintaining stability through active engagement with CTI support teams
- You will work with our vendors on installations and upgrades, paying close attention to a high standard of work and ensuring they meet project requirements and timelines
- You will look for efficiencies and improvements to help provide a more enhanced experience for our users and be cognizant of cost implications for any Citi expense
- Clear and correct documentation, that avoids confusion and knowledge sharing with your global MDS colleagues
- You will have at least 3-5 years of demonstrable experience working in a technology support capacity in the banking or finance sectors
- knowledge of ITRS monitoring systems, both in support and engineering roles
- You will work with vendors and Citi business users and you will have good communication, project management skills
- An understanding of banking and financial terms and instruments, real-time data concepts, trading knowledge, across Equities, Fixed Income, FX
- An understanding of vendor systems, Refinitiv (formerly Thomson Reuters) desktops, Eikon, FXT and the TREP platform and vendor data feeds and Bloomberg infrastructures, is an important part of the role as is a good knowledge of network infrastructures, WAN/LAN, firewalls, network protocols multicast/TCP/IP and associated topologies
- Cloud and hosted services solutions knowledge/experience would be of an advantage
- Familiarity with (Unix/ Linux) OS environments
- Databases – Working knowledge of Oracle, Microsoft SQL DBs
- Scripting languages, Shell, Perl, Python etc.
- Understanding of application APIs, both development and support would be an advantage
- A working knowledge of various Open Source initiatives would be useful
- Bachelor's Degree
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience