Corporate Solutions Group Transactor – Middle East , North Africa and Pakistan (AVP / VP)-19022054
The Corporate Solutions Group (CSG) works with corporate and public sector clients to originate and structure Derivatives and other market-based solutions.
Transactions arise largely from client risk management needs in the Interest rate, Equity, Commodities and Credit markets.
Core topics for Solutions Origination include financing, liquidity, and risk management.
CSG works closely with partners in Trading, Credit and Market Risk, Banking and Capital Markets Advisory, and other product teams to provide exceptional client service.
- We are seeking an Associate VP or a VP level structured products marketer with exceptional technical skills ,substantial proven prior track record in the region, wide regional client relationships ,strong communication, and quantitative skills to join a team of Private Side Corporate Solutions Originators across MENA covering corporate and public sector clients
- The team is responsible for identifying client needs related to – among others - exposure management, structured financing, asset-liability mismatches, yield enhancement, subsidiary financing, etc.
- The individual will work with key partners and stake holders such as Banking and Risk to deliver the full suite of Citi solutions capabilities to our clients.
- The individual will be part of a coordinated strategy across CSG clients and play a role in expanding our footprint and client relationships, identifying and supporting transaction opportunities to expand the business. Proven prior regional execution, modelling, sales, and communication skills are critical success factors for this position.
- Analyze and structure transactions involving derivatives, capital markets, and cross-border corporate finance solutions, as well as value-added investment and risk management strategie
- Develop and maintain industry and corporate specific knowledge and stay up-to-date on market developments
Key Focus Areas:
- Interest Rate, Equity, Commodities and Credit Derivatives Exposure to Margined Loans and Equity Derivatives will be an advantage
- Liquidity ,Structured Credit and Finance Solutions
- Market and industry trend analysis
- Tax and accounting considerations
- Cross border financing solutions
- Ensure that client communication and transactions adhere strictly to Citi’s policies
- Be part of a culture of responsible ethics and finance
- Origination and participation in the distribution of Markets and Credit Risks that Citi originates from other clients
- Introduce CSG Agenda in the Bank’s platform offering to Corporate and Public Sector clients
Experience, skills and capabilities:
- In depth understanding of Markets Products across asset classes.
- Track record in identifying client needs and working with partners to deliver appropriate solutions.
- Strong client facing skills especially the ability to engage in strategic dialogues at senior levels.
- Ability to work with Product ,Banking and Support function partners
- Strong technical knowledge across products
- Ability to respond quickly to environment and position business according to emerging trends.
- Strong sense of controls and supervision.
- Strategic thinker with ability to translate vision into executable plans
- Strong technical skills and intellectual capability to bring together a broad range of Markets products
- Ability to judge and balance risk and rewards in transactions. Ability to look at risk holistically and not only on measures such as Credit / Market Risk.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to influence and create alignment at senior levels across multiple products, clients, and competing priorities
- High motivation ,energy ,tenacity and longevity to drive the business and growth forward
- B.Com or B.Sc in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering, Sciences and/or relevant studies
- MBA/Master’s degree or equivalent an advantage
- Specific MENA experience and track record a distinct advantage
- Language skills – Arabic and French a distinct advantage
Some travel may be required .
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer