Job Description - Manager Business Analyst/COO IT (0000D0DW)
Manager Business Analyst/COO IT : 0000D0DW
Designation: Manager Business Analyst
Role Purpose (overall high level summary of the role)
The Senior Finance Manager will be responsible for the day to day management of all Direct costs, Charged costs and Headcount across the functional area including liaison and relationships with Management, Sub-Function heads; HTS Finance; MI; Reforecasting and planning.
The function is globally managed, with in excess of 1200 staff in over 10 countries.
Reporting to the Head of Finance and Planning, this is a key role to facilitate the smooth running of finances, including interfacing with the central finance team and the central MIS/Reporting function based in India.
This role will require the individual to assume a proactive and hands on to ensure the ongoing management of an operationally “excellent” organisation.
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
Typical Targets and Measures
- Act as subject matter expert for Finance issues in the function.
- Understand and manage Direct costs; Customer charges to the Function, and Governed Charges from the order book to other parts of the bank.
- Production of Financial MI packs (working with the central MI team as appropriate) and commentary for various audiences and contribution to other reporting as required and charges to other areas of the bank.
- Analysis of monthly variance for customer charges, governed charges and direct costs, and provision of variance explanations.
- Coordinate Billing queries and provide feedback on solutions
- Planning coordination - Target setting, management, reporting and communications
- Planning – ensuring that direct cost types planned for are reflected correctly in the AOP and vice versa
- Adhoc reporting as necessary
- Oversight of monthly accruals process
- Management of financial aspects of boundary transfers, cost centre moves etc
- Manage and review internal process regularly to ensure consistency and quality
- Understand requirements from global SWD and HTS and interpret these for the function
- Oversight and management of sustainable saves tracking and target setting, including entry on the HTS Finance held register. Work with Transformation finance resources in performing ITT saves tracking
- HC management and forecasting, management of hiring pipeline and approval process
- Deliver to plan on Customer Charges, Direct Charges and Governed charges on behalf of the function
- Provide analysis and commentary and suggest actions on a monthly basis
- Coordinate the production of MI to support sub-function financial management
- Support the Sustainable Saves programme by providing regular updates
Customers / Stakeholders
- To build strong relationship with key stakeholders including Senior management, Central COO and HTS Finance.
- Provide communications and MI to stakeholders as required
- Manage education and training
Leadership & Teamwork
- To support Senior Global management in meeting business deliverables within a pragmatic and appropriate financial profile
- Support and guide the offshore team to effectively participate in the globally diverse team
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- To share best practices, employing a considered approach, with practical and helpful insights and application to enhance the management of financials within the function
Major Challenges (The challenges inherent in the role that require a continual test of the role holder’s abilities)
The major challenges of this role are to support a growth area in a cost saving environment in the rest of HTS. In particular, strong fiscal control must be evidenced and appropriate governance put in to ensure that direct cost expenditure is managed.
Role Context (The environment and operating conditions of the role including the extent of guidance and authority)
- The Senior Finance Manager will take direction on activities from the COO. The incumbent must be able to take on conflicting demands and apply reasoning to ensure that work is completed within necessary timescales.
Management of Risk (Operational Risk / FIM requirements)
- The Senior Finance Manager is responsible for ensuring personal and group wide compliance with Operational Risk and FIM requirements, for financial matters across the group
Observation of Internal Controls (Compliance Policy / FIM requirements)
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards
Role Dimensions (e.g. balance sheet size, lending/expenditure limits, size/volume of transactions, budget. in USD’000)
- The function has circa 1000 staff globally
- This role will build to manage team in India of 3-4 people
Headcount reporting to this role
Direct: 3 Indirect: 0
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications (For the role – not the role holder. Minimum requirements of the role.)
- Understanding of financial processes and common systems
- Billing and reporting best practices
- Be very numerate and ability to drill down into the detail of numbers
- Proven ability to prioritize competing demands
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to distil complex and varied data into information that can be utilised to manage and measure performance
- Excellent written / verbal communication and presentation skills
- Delivery-focused with ability to pay attention to detail and ensure tasks are completed on time and to the required levels of quality
- Hands on experience in managing finances
- Ability to build relationships by communicating, influencing and negotiating effectively with business heads, senior managers, third party consultants, technical experts across the whole department and business users
- Strong interpersonal skills, coupled with proven experience working in a matrix management structure and building and maintaining global team relationships
- Evidence of delivery in a similar role within a complex, global organisation
- Experience of IT delivery in Investment Banking
- Excellent influencer and stakeholder management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to a wide range of individuals and groups and at different levels of seniority.
Typical qualifications would include an MBA, undergraduate degree and professional qualifications in Finance. Relevant experience is also a prerequisite and may be accepted in lieu of formal qualifications.
: Information Technology
: Asia Pacific-India-Maharashtra-Pune
: Day JobType of Vacancy : Country vacancy
: 08-May-2019, 14:00:57
: 08-Jun-2019, 06:59:00