Consumer Analytics Manager - AVP-19021099
The role requires a solid team player with a strong sense of urgency, who can use state of the art methods to analyse data for our consumer bank enabling us to make smarter decisions, deliver better products and provide remarkable customer service, ultimately to increase new customer acquisitions and also improve existing customer product usage and cross sell. Successful candidate will be critical in helping to unlock potential through converting results into meaningful actions. The candidate should be able to effectively communicate the analysis findings and recommendations at senior forums and have the drive to follow through the business implementation.
The Citi Data and Analytics team is a global community that objectively connects and analyses information, to create actionable intelligence for our business leaders. This fast-paced role identifies fact based opportunities for revenue growth in partnership with the businesses. This advanced function balances customer needs, business strategy, and profit objectives using best-in-class and relevant analytic methodologies. To accomplish this, the group focuses on linkages of information, cutting-edge tools, advanced analytics and statistical modelling. Key focus areas include web analytics, digital lead generation and conversion, campaign tracking, big data analytics, modelling, profitability analysis and real-time data integration.
The Consumer Analytics Manager will work within the Middle East data and analytics team, to support next generation activities on data mining which include but are not limited to Big data, advanced analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence. In addition to these technical elements of the role, the incumbent will also provide significant expertise on business drivers, financials, credit risk management and risk-revenue trade off.
- Use Machine learning / Statistical techniques to analyze large sets of customer data and produce actionable insights
- Work on projects that promote data based decision across business strategy, product design, campaign management and customer service
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Take ownership of data extraction, processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Work with complex databases
- Understand business priorities and work out data driven solutions, create significant value addition
- Proactively seek out best practices and adopt the same in day to day functioning
- Leverage strong proprietary digital platforms and partnerships of Citi, with heavy footfall into the website, mobile application and social media sites, to increase conversions and bookings through analytical techniques and propensity modeling
- Incorporate learnings from past campaigns into future campaigns, by providing timely and comprehensive campaign intelligence
- Hypothesis generation creating a constant test cycle for the business with the primary end goals being to increase new to bank customer acquisitions, credit card usage of existing customers and cross sell of new products to the existing base, in that order
- Prepare financial projections related each initiative in order to measure the bottom-line impact at a customer and at a project level
- Expand Citi’s prospect base across asset and liability products
- Assess the credit risk aspect of each business initiative driven/supported by Data and Analytics Unit
- Support regional technology implementation for Analytics infrastructure projects
- Support the Head of Data and Analytics in strategic projects – locally and regionally.
- This is an amazing opportunity to learn the whole spectrum of GCB sales and products with the added advantage of analytics coverage/exposure that is a primary in this role. This role offers an opportunity to work on best-in-class products and provide services to our customers by leveraging Citi's unparalleled global network thereby enabling you to grow a great career
- At least 5-7 years’ experience in data science
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression
- Experience in P and L drivers and Financials
- Experience in Credit, Collections and Risk Analytics
- Scorecard development and modeling
- Experience in Consumer Banking - Credit Cards and Personal loans preferred
- Strong communication and presentation/story telling skills at senior forums.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
- Proficiency in data visualization and scripting / programming languages - SQL/SAS/SQL/R/Python
- Digital marketing analytics
- Profitability drivers, Financial projections and P and L preparation
- Credit risk analytics knowledge
- Advanced Excel usage
- Exposure to Hadoop / NoSQL databases preferred
- Project Management
- Senior Stakeholders Management
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Finance, Mathematics, Engineering, Operations Research or other related fields, where Master’s degree in any of these fields is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with non-technical partners at senior forums
- Self-motivated individuals who are independent and a self-starter and comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in teams and in fast paced environments, multitask and respond in short timeframes with strong sense of urgency
- Demonstrate a proactive learning attitude along with a structured thought process
- Strong sense of ownership, accountability and focus on project delivery and result tracking
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer