Qatar Duty Free
Qatar Duty Free (QDF) is an award winning subsidiary of Qatar Airways, the national airline of the state of Qatar and currently operates at the Departure, Arrivals, VIP and Premium Terminal of Hamad International Airport. As one of the fastest growing Duty Free operations in the world, Qatar Duty Free operates from the new Hamad International Airport (HIA). HIA is also home to the newly created QDF Food & Beverage Division which will set new benchmarks in airport hospitality.
About Your Job:
In this position, the responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following:
- Perform food production and presentation to all internal and external customers, make sure that the food is produced as per the standard recipe consistently.
- Supervise, direct and participate where necessary in the preparation cooking of all food items, check quality of food and portion of food before being sent to customers to ensure consistency in food quality.
- Check all food use by dates to ensure no products is exceeded than the requirements, ensure that over/under preparation of production of food is kept to a minimum to maintain food cost. Check on every working place of cooks and utilities, including storing areas, fridges and dust bins in all production areas for cleanliness and food cost.
- Plan food production in line with demands and concept, ensuring that through the process of batch cooking that food items remain fresh, appealing and presentable.
- Conduct meal weight and meal tasting checks shift wise and do the corrective action immediately for any variance. Report any failures/problems to the Maintenance Department for the smooth running of operation.
- Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that food quality standards are met at all time.
- Assist in determining how food should be presented and create decorative food displays to ensure our food presentation is very attractive to customers.
- Deputise in the absence of the Executive Sous Chef.
- Other duties as requested by the Management.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Relevant College or University qualification to min Bachelor's level or equivalent
- Food Safety Level 2/3
- Minimum 4 years relevant experience, preferably in major 5 star hotels, upscale/high-end restaurant in a Sous Chef capacity
- Ability to manage a diverse team and innovate brand mix in a challenging and demanding environment
- Ability to show continuous growth in the business and revenue streams without sacrificing the offer, standards and customer care
- Ability to create a culture of consistent quality without compromise in all areas of the food production
- Ability to implement and maintain the highest standards in food production hygiene creating a culture that is second nature and embraced as standard SOP.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate
3. Copy of Passport