Job Description - Personal Banker (0000D0RB)
Personal Banker : 0000D0RB
HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the largest and leading international bank in Canada. HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3,800 offices in 66 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.
We help companies and individuals across Canada to manage their finances through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management. It’s this global connectivity that you will find yourself inspired and collaborating with colleagues not just locally but also across continents and cultures. About Retail Banking & Wealth Management Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide, helping them manage their day – to day finances and save for the future. We also connect institutional and retail clients with investment opportunities through our Global Asset Management division. We are committed to building long-term relationships with our customers, offering products and services to help them reach their goals and aspirations. We continue to exponentially grow our market share in Canada year on year. Key Objectives for Personal Banker To provide superior customer service, sales, operational administration, and risk controls, meet customer needs across multiple distribution channels. Principle Accountabilities:
- Identify and understand basic customer needs in order to complete transactions with speed, efficiency and certainty.
- Act as first level escalation for handling customer inquiries.
- Maintain superior and courteous service to promote products and expand customer relationships.
- Exceed customer expectations in terms of speed, efficiency, certainty and professionalism, either face to face or through an alternate channel.
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
- Contribute to team-based approach in managing customer needs.
- Actively participate and assist with all Bank promotional programs, sales targets and direct marketing initiatives.
- Participate in business development programs within area of specialty to enhance product knowledge and cross selling skills.
- Actively refer customers to other areas of HSBC where appropriate.
- Demonstrate Group capabilities.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Ensure branch or work area is maintained in accordance with HSBC standards.
- Adhere to operational policies and procedures and effectively identifies and manages applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
- Secondary school graduation.
- Demonstrated experience in banking or related industry in a customer service / client facing role.
- Professional appearance and attitude.
- Team player, development minded with ability to sell.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to be mobile in local community.
- Ability to learn and operate new software and technology.
- Basic knowledge of HSBC’s products and services.
- Sound knowledge of HSBC’s policies, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to multi-task, handle large volumes, tight turnarounds and multiple deadlines.
- Experience with conflict resolution.
- Understand / speak second language is an asset.
In 2018, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the “Best 50 Corporate Citizens” in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine. HSBC was also the first company to be recognized as a top performer in gender diversity within the financial services sector, as part of a new Corporate Knights initiative to recognize leaders in this space.
Join HSBC, and benefit from the following:
- Career Development: Within your current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
- Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
- Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
- International Connectivity and impact: Build global relationships and be a part of international initiatives
- A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
- Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make.
: Retail / Branch Banking
: North America-Canada-Ontario-Mississauga
: Day JobType of Vacancy : Country vacancy
: 11-May-2019, 04:34:15
: 16-May-2019, 11:59:00