Job Description - Premium Banker (0000D00F)
Premium Banker : 0000D00F
HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the largest and leading international bank in Canada. HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3,800 offices in 66 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.
We help companies and individuals across Canada to manage their finances through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management.
It’s this global connectivity that you will find yourself inspired and collaborating with colleagues not just locally but also across continents and cultures.
About Retail Banking & Wealth Management
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide, helping them manage their day – to day finances and save for the future. We also connect institutional and retail clients with investment opportunities through our Global Asset Management division. We are committed to building long-term relationships with our customers, offering products and services to help them reach their goals and aspirations. We continue to exponentially grow our market share in Canada year on year.
Key Objectives for Premium Banker:
The Premium Banker is responsible for developing and retaining relationships with existing customers. This will be achieved through the active management of portfolios and ensuring solutions continually meet customer’s needs as well as exceeding customer expectations in terms of speed, efficiency and professionalism
- The Premium Banker is also responsible for:
- Attracting new customers by understanding their financial needs and delivering high standards of service quality.
- This involves solicitation of client referrals and promotion of products and service offerings across multiple distribution channels.
- An integral part of this role is the identification of opportunities for wealth and credit reviews to optimize portfolio performance.
- The key to success is maintaining operational integrity in accordance with HSBC and regulatory standards in compliance.
- The Premium Banker will also support teller transactions and handle cash, as required.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
- University / College degree or combination of education and equivalent and related work experience.
- 2 - 3 years of experience in a customer facing role in the banking industry.
- Mutual Fund Licensing. Requires completion of: Investment Funds in Canada Course; Canadian Investment Funds Course; or Canadian Securities Course; and Mutual Fund Skills Builders Course.
- Working towards Personal Financial Planning Designation (PFP); For Quebec only, ICB certificate of achievement – Advanced Personal Finance.
- Aware of market conditions affecting their customer portfolios.
- Career minded with well-developed business development and relationship management skills.
- Proven ability to sell and meet set sales / performance targets in a sales role.
- Advanced communication and customer service skills.
- Understands / speaks second language is an asset.
- Strong technical skills in wealth management.
- Strong sales orientation, networking and portfolio management skills.
- Sound knowledge of digital / online banking and sponsoring digital engagement for customers.
In 2018, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the “Best 50 Corporate Citizens” in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine. HSBC was also the first company to be recognized as a top performer in gender diversity within the financial services sector, as part of a new Corporate Knights initiative to recognize leaders in this space.
Join HSBC, and benefit from the following:
- Career Development: Within your current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
- Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
- Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
- International Connectivity and impact: Build global relationships and be a part of international initiatives
- A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
- Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make.
: Retail / Branch Banking
: North America-Canada-Ontario-Vaughan
: Day JobType of Vacancy : Region vacancy
: 11-May-2019, 05:22:58
: 16-May-2019, 11:59:00