Qatar Duty Free
Qatar Duty Free (QDF) is an award winning subsidiary of Qatar Airways, the national airline of the state of Qatar and currently operates at the Departure, Arrivals, VIP and Premium Terminal of Hamad International Airport. As one of the fastest growing Duty Free operations in the world, Qatar Duty Free operates from the new Hamad International Airport (HIA). HIA is also home to the newly created QDF Food & Beverage Division which will set new benchmarks in airport hospitality.
About Your Job:
As a First Commis Chef, you will be responsible to ensure all food requirements for F & B locations are prepared as per the production plan and meals prepared are as per standard recipes and within HACCP guidelines to meet and exceed customer expectations.
Your key accountabilities include:
- Produce meals as per the production plan, ensuring procedures are followed and all records are up to date and accurate at all times.
- Manage food stock effectively, minimise food wastage through good kitchen management processes, such as labelling and mis-en-place par levels. All stocks to be rotated, dated and managed in order to reduce wastage and contribute to kitchen profitability through effective food cost control.
- Prepare and present high quality dishes within company specifications, ensure any change made to the receipts is highlighted to the Senior Chefs for system update, and food quality is consistently maintained as per QDFC standard, ensure that the presentation and freshness of all foods is of the highest standard at all times.
- Check the quality of raw materials being received regularly in the kitchen and highlight any quality hygiene issues to Sous Chef for further action.
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination.
- Prepare and organize all mis-en-place for all relevant menus prior to the shift start to ensure smooth operation.
- Respond positively to guest feedback/complain, understand guest expectations, brings all complaints to the attention of the senior chefs for future improvement.
- Maintain high level of cleanliness in the work area, and take care of all outlet equipment and materials.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- High school graduation
- Certificate in Catering or Professional Cookery
- HACCP Training
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Fluency in the English language- both written and spoken
- Good working, knowledge about Food and Beverage production
- Logical approach, creativity and teamwork
- Computer literacy
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Passport
3. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate