Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About Your Job:
You will be responsible for Planning and co-ordination of Materials requirements in support of scheduled, non-scheduled and cabin standards maintenance activity across the Qatar Airways Fleet. This includes support of initial provisioning projects for spares, Ground servicing equipment and tooling. The planning of materials requirements in support of modifications, reconfigurations and ad-hoc maintenance requirements. An important element of the job function is maintaining the Trax system master parts records for integrity and accuracy and the float calculation and consistent review of rotable spares requirements based on industry standard parameters.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Based on Fleet type or team responsibility, evaluate and review Trax system generated open re-order level requisitions on a daily basis, and liaise with the respective Supply chain buyer for ordering or recommending necessary adjustments to max/min and re-order levels.
- Review all other Materials requisitions & take necessary action.
- Review scrap notes, and corresponding float levels to determine if replacement is justified. Initiate replacement actions via Purchase Requests and distribute to the appropriate buyer to minimize delay with procurement action.
- As requested, provide assistance to the AOG desk team to clear AOG demands by determining if required AOG parts are available on next higher or lower assemblies as available in stock.
- Investigate and identify alternate and/or interchangeable part numbers based on airframe/engine manufacturers approved technical documentation so as to ensure the correctness of data and to avoid duplication of inventory.
- Manage & control shortages of parts through various shortage reports.
- Coordinate with Engineering Services, Engineering Planning, Aircraft Maintenance, MOCC Defect Control section and associated Workshops to resolve queries related to aircraft parts.
- In conjunction with Purchasing establish and re-set consumable re-order levels accordingly in order to support future demand.
- Produce reports in support of Materials Planning activity and check progress as requested by the Senior Materials Planner.
Manage hard time component forecasts and ensure parts availability for scheduled component removals.
- Raise material pick lists for respective aircraft inputs.
- Review and update standard pick lists on a regular basis.
- For the designated fleet type or supply chain area of responsibility, maintain an adequate inventory at all times to ensure uninterrupted service and completion of scheduled and planned maintenance activity.
- Review and ensure re-order levels for all the expendable and consumable spare parts are set-up in the Trax system and ensure re-order requisitions are generated in order to negate Nil Stock situations.
- Evaluate & monitor float levels for all the rotable and repairable parts to ensure sufficient inventory is maintained as per the assigned fleet type.
- For Float reviews provide a Poisson distribution float calculation in support of recommendations.
- Initiate and maintain a consistent standard on the Inventory System Master Parts Data Base with respect to all part numbers effective to the Qatar Airways fleet, to include description, vendor code, aircraft effectivity, interchange ability, ATA chapter, Essentiality Code and other industry standard parameters as indicated on the Trax system.
Ability to develop key inventory performance metrics & KPIs, and continually monitor and improve inventory planning process.
Ability to pay very close attention to detail and keep the integrity of the inventory data, performance metrics at higher standard, and immediately identify any discrepancies for corrective action plan.
Prior experience in budget preparation and analysing different forecasting techniques.
Special IT skill to extract and analyse data using advanced excel formulas, pivot tables, graphs, MS excel visual basic application, and Oracle-SQL.
Hands-on experience on different MRO ERP systems, preferably on TRAX.
To be successful in this role, you must hold bachelors degree or equivalent. Materials management qualification will be an added advantage. You should have minimum 4 years of job related experience. You should have previous experience within an airline or MRO Materials Planning department.
You should have good knowledge and exposure of computerized inventory control system and sound knowledge of RSPL & provisioning of Aircraft spare parts, consumable materials, Tools, GSE required for initial and on-operational needs. You should assure optimum service level and optimum stock level is maintained to meet maintenance requirement. You should be able to develop key inventory performance metrics & KPI's and continually monitor and improve inventory planning process. You should be able to understand technical and company publications. You should have excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills. You should highly computer literate in MS Office.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Passport
3. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate