Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About the Role:
The position holder is responsible for providing Financial Analysis to ensure optimal allocation of resources, providing insightful information and assisting the department to follow Group accounting policies as appropriate.
- Assist develop advanced financial models and conduct analysis using a broad range of quantitative tools and techniques (trend analyses on past financial and operational performance, root cause analyses, analysis of profitability drivers, scenario modelling for future options, unit-cost benchmarking, etc.)
- Assist establish corporate and department financial goals and work with departments to build budgets and forecasts meeting these targets
- Analyse actuals, forecasts, and budgets and prepare analyses for upper management of Division and corporate performance against benchmarks
- Analyse capital spending projects and make recommendations for approval, rejection, or rework
- Facilitate one or more corporate wide projects such as cash flow modelling, long-term strategic plan models, or cost cutting initiatives
- Coordinate development of business cases and scenario models to drive better business decisions
- Support developing Business Cases justifying large capital projects, explaining financial performance, or the financial forecast
- Meet weekly with senior management as required to discuss capital or headcount needs and help divisions obtain resources.
- Create reports and presentations for senior management
- Analyse and interpret financial data for use in management reviews and decisions
- Prepare quantitative regression analysis and statistical analysis of revenue databases and airline industry databases to analyse revenue performance and provide recommendations to improve revenue;
- Analyse monthly revenue performance by route, channel, PoS
- Conduct ad hoc revenue analysis for senior management
- Assist develop and maintain a competitive intelligence framework for benchmarking against regional rivals and mature carriers.
- Maintain a financial best practices platform, both, industry-specific and cross industries.
Management & Leadership
- Establish the department or teams objectives and priorities to align with and support business objectives.
- Regularly evaluate the department or teams objectives, plans, procedures and practices, and makes appropriate changes if needed.
- Oversee and supervise employees. Direct daily activities, recruit, train, develop and discipline to ensure a high standard of service delivery.
- Take responsibility for own ongoing personal development and growth of expertise.
- Train and develop other employees, for proper succession planning and risk management.
- Assist in the response to any emergency or a major operational disruption affecting Qatar Airways or its subsidiaries, including support of the Qatar Airways Special Assistance Program.
- Train Qatari staff in the duties above.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Senior Manager
- Ensure full awareness of work health and safety requirements and expectations in order to minimise health and safety risks for self and colleagues.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, security, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the operation to guarantee employee safety, security, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality service with a responsible environmental attitude
- Take a direct and personal interest in reported injuries, incidents, near misses and hazards to ensure that appropriate reporting, investigation and response is being achieved.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- Master's degree in business, finance, operations or related field a plus/desirable
- Specialist - minimum 5 years of job-related experience required
Job Specific Skills:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels in the organization
- Knowledge of Excel Macros, VBA and Databases
- Demonstrated experience with solving complex business problems, developing financial models, and presenting findings to senior management, advanced Excel modeling skills with a focus on financial modeling, proficiency in Databases, and an understanding of airline networks.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and participate in projects.
- Demonstrated ability to establish metrics, coach and mentor junior employees and provide performance feedback.
- Demonstrated experience using innovative thinking ability with high degree of motivation and problem solving skills required.
- Flexible/adaptable to constant change and scheduling needs to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work on projects and prioritize and execute concurrent assignments.
- Ability to meet deadlines without supervision
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate