The Collections Specialist position is responsible for providing operational support those results in optimizing the performance of the Cancelled Collections portfolios. The required support is provided to external vendors and internal business partners. The position is required to complete tasks, timely and accurately which ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures, such as the IRM Policy. Completion of the tasks will also ensure compliance to external requirements, such as Sarbanes Oxley and local laws.
- Process manual work lists referral and closure according to operation guidelines.
- Process Credit balance in cancelled derogatory accounts.
- Provides accurate and timely response to Internal Amex, outside agencies inquiries, cancelled card members and Debt Purchaser via email.
- Responds to all incoming correspondence as outlined in the operation guidelines.
- Investigate, identify root of the issue, and provide recommendations of solutions and/or feedback to requesting party.
- Prepare and send Direct Debit and Paid in Full correspondence to card members as required.
- Action financial adjustments accurately within designated timeframes to the correct ledgers.
- Understand and follow the market specific (local law) requirements in each case handling.
- Understand and comply with all Sarbanes Oxley testing requirements; for example work list penetration timeliness, accelerated write accuracy and timeliness and agency invoice payment processing requirements.
- Achieve an accuracy score of 96% or greater through the Quality Assurance assessment process each month.
- Upon request, action other collections related tasks and projects as and when required.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express. Don’t make a difference without it. Don’t live life without it.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
You will be rewarded with:
- A great place to work – We are in the top 10 most admired companies in the world…And the #1 amongst Financial Services.
- Fun at work! A great culture and environment – Game rooms and lounge area are situated in each floor to encourage a fun and happy workplace.
- Competitive Salary – Get paid what you’re worth.
- Career advancement opportunities – Shaping your future & opening both local & cross border opportunities.
American Express has been recognized and awarded “Aon Hewitt Best Employer Malaysia” for the 8 consecutive time. American Express Malaysia also won 23 prestigious awards from the Contact Center Association of Malaysia. Among these are the following: Best of the best Contact Center of the Year (Gold) Best In House Contact Center (Gold) Best Recruitment & Retention Programme (Gold) Best In-house Inbound Contact Centre Under 100 Seats (Gold) Best Contact Centre Professional (Gold) Best Contact Centre Manager (Gold) Best Contact Centre Telemarketer (Gold) Join us and you’ll soon see why. Qualifications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Excellent skill in pivot table, VLOOKUP and macro would be an advantageous.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to accuracy and detail.
- Able to make sound decisions effectively and promptly with minimum supervision.
- Good self-discipline, able to work to deadlines and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work across multiple cultures and commercial environments.
- Good interpersonal skills, mature and patience in handling difficult situations.
- Strong team player.
- Excellent communication skills in English both verbal and written. Additional languages such as Mandarin or Cantonese would be advantageous.
- Must be willing to work from 4pm to 1am shift (Monday to Friday) and Public Holiday.