Job Description - Part-Time Teller (0000D0RF)
Part-Time Teller : 0000D0RF
Processes and initiates various financial transactions for Company customers and assists branch office management in new business through referrals and meets established sales referral and promotional sales goals. Enhances Company image through pro-active customer-driven servicing of their needs in support of the goal of exceeding customer expectations.
Impact on the Business
- Meet established sales referral and promotional sales goals
- Accept and process deposits, payments, checks for cashing and other transactions according to established procedures and performance standards.
- Ready workstation at start of shift; strike and balance cash and transactions at end of shift.
- Live and represent the brand; exemplify the five brand attributes of being perceptive, progressive, responsive, respectful and fair, both internally and externally.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Enhance Company image through pro-active customer-driven servicing of their needs in support of the goal of exceeding customer expectations; initiate referral of new business through customer contact and use of customer relationship management system
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Adhere to branch cash control and security requirements in control of cash and negotiable items.
- Adhere to established customer interaction standards for every transaction.
- Maintain current knowledge of Company products and services and applicable Federal regulations, including Bank Secrecy and Know Your Customer principles. Adhere strictly to compliance and operational risk controls in accordance with Company and regulatory standards, policies and practices; report control weaknesses, compliance breaches and operational loss events.
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Physical Demands/Work Environment: Very good working conditions. Little or no physical demands. Minimal handling of light materials. The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Branch Assigned Daily Referral Goals
- Minimum of one year’s proven customer service and/or sales experience or equivalent, including cash handling experience.
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent mainframe systems and software packages.
- Positive customer service attributes.
- Demonstrated proficiency with sales referrals and product knowledge.
: Retail / Branch Banking
: North America-United States-New York-SYOSSET
: Day JobType of Vacancy : Country vacancy
: 13-May-2019, 22:58:05
: 28-May-2019, 11:59:00