AVP, Custody, IS, Applications Development Manager, Shanghai-19014326
- We are looking for experienced and highly motivated individuals from a Java development background to work on our projects within the Custody, Clearing and Asset Servicing business group.
- This is a challenging role within a fast growing environment where the candidate will be required to deliver analysis and code solutions against a complex system set that has a global footprint.
- As a lead developer you will oversee the work assignments of your team members, provide mentoring and guidance at a detailed technical level. You will ensure the quality of work is consistently high and the software is clean and efficiently written and meets the required business specifications. You are responsible for meeting agreed delivery deadlines for your team, and escalating issues, risks and questions.
- You will join one of our existing and growing development teams and we are interested in hearing from people with hands-on experience in the Financial Securities business.
- Batchelors Degree or equivalent
- An industry qualification in Java is desirable but not essential.
Required Technical Skills
- 5 years’ experience with analysis and coding in J2EE application
- 3+ years’ project and team management experience.
- Proven background in developing java applications for complex business problems
- Experience of Java / JEE technologies essential
- In-depth knowledge of Spring, SpringBoot, SpringCloud
- Project experience in Agile, familiar with JIRA.
- Experience of IBM Websphere, Oracle DB.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Supervise team members design and programming standards and principals
- Exposure to working with diverse global teams
- Experience of Tax would be an advantage
- Banking and securities domain knowledge would be an advantage
Required Non-Technical Skills
- Strong motivation skills
- Ability to communicate with non-technical people
- Excellent communication skill and interpersonal skill
- Strong communication and influencing skill
- Proficient in both spoken and written English
- Work under pressure, manage conflicts and challenges
- Must demonstrate analytical thinking and problem solving skills