Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About Your Job:
provide subject matter expertise to the ongoing process developments / enhancements / improvements.
Support management in implementing process improvement initiatives and writing a business case for development for small applications / systems enhancements which will help the business achieve its objectives, Responsible on cargo revenue accounting (CRA) activities including flown, sales reference data filling, interline processing and accounting performed by outsourced processing unit (BPO)
Key accountabilities of the role include the following:
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise to the ongoing process developments / enhancements / improvements.
- Support management in implementing process improvement initiatives and writing a business case for development of small applications / system enhancements which will help the business achieve its objectives.
- On an on-going basis, identify the areas where system enhancement / development are needed.
- Acting as Subject Matter Export help implement the ongoing system developments / enhancements / improvements.
- To communicate management initiative and assist in understanding and resolving possible issues that might be encountered during implementation
- Participate in regular business and technical discussion on project updates/in resolving technical
- issues, development process, new technology and other topics that may be relevant to the process.
- Impart training to end users as and when necessary in relation to the process changes / system enhancements / developments implemented.
- To ensure accuracy in term of volume, values and accounting of Cargo Revenue in order to ensure that correct revenue are being declared in Cargo Revenue Accounting system
- Implement the Test Strategy and User Acceptance Tests and act as a guide to the testers for trouble shooting.
- To assist BPO and ensure cargo processing activates are carried out as per the SLA.
- Conduct on-going reviews of Policy documents, IAPs, SOP’ and BPO SLA delivery and ensure that this are regularly update based on business need.
- Review of findings for Self-Audits, Quality/EWS reports, executive summaries and submission to higher management and ensure that there are no audit non-compliances for Cargo Revenue Accounting areas
- Establish the department or teams objectives and priorities to align with and support business objectives.
- To communicate management initiatives and assist in understanding and resolving possible issues that might be encountered during implementation.
- To provide timely, accurate and correct inputs to the business and technical team.
- Other duties and responsibilities as requested by Management.
- Train Qatari staff in the duties above.
- Perform other development duties related to the position as directed by HOD.
You will hold a Bachelor’s Degree preferably relating to Commerce or Business Administration (Accounting Major). In addition, you will have 5 or more years’ experience in Revenue Accounting.
In addition, you will have the following job specific skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid presentation skills including use of latest IT solutions to make dynamic presentation to stakeholders across the Network.
- Sound understanding of Internal Audit, Risk Management and Corporate Governance.
- Sound knowledge and experience in development and implementation of internal controls framework.
- Sound knowledge, understanding and experience in application of International Accounting Standards
- Proven ability to constantly meet tight deadlines, ensuring quality control, and attention to detail.
- Must have excellent organizational ability to be able to set priorities, handle multiple responsibilities / work interruptions.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently with minimal instructions.
- Must have the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of records and information.
- Strong ability to work in cross-culture environment, with teams spread across different geographies.
- Candidates possessing the above requisites from a multi-national organization and/or airline industry are preferred.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate
3. Copy of Passport