Employment Type: Temporary Part Time
Position Classification: Registered Nurse
Remuneration: $31.59 - $44.35 per hour
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ107842
The Far West Local Health District makes up the
western-most District in NSW, sharing its borders with South Australia,
Queensland and Victoria. Far West LHD provides primary care to an estimated
resident population of 30,099, employing over 800 staff across 10 facilities in
Broken Hill, Balranald, Dareton, Ivanhoe, Menindee, Tibooburra, Wentworth,
White Cliffs and Wilcannia.
To promote our vision of “excellence in rural and remote
health”, Far West LHD upholds its CORE values of Collaboration, Openness
Respect, and Empowerment.
Are you up for living and working in the beautiful and
rural NSW Outback, devoid of traffic and commuting? Check us out at http://bit.ly/fwlhdcareers.
You can also find us on Facebook.
What you'll be doing
Provide safe nursing practice within the Day Surgery in the areas of Anaesthetics, Circulating/ Instrument and Step Down Unit as part of a multidisciplinary team.
Skills and Knowledge
- Current nursing registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) with demonstrated experience in Day Surgery and/or Pre-Admissions clinics.
- Demonstrated understanding of ACORN standards and NSW Ministry of Health policies related to Surgery.
- Demonstrated application of evidence based practice and critical thinking to advocate for and implement individualised person centred care patient care.
- Evidence of participation in own professional development and commitment to maintaining competence and enhancement of skills, and willingness to apply and share professional expertise with colleagues.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated sound knowledge of infection control principles and WHS requirements.
- Demonstrated competence, confidence and accountability in the safe delivery of patient care in the operating room in the context of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated commitment to work and partner with Aboriginal and Torres Strait, Islander patients and families and employees to enhance health outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Susan Beahl on Susan.Beahl@health.nsw.gov.au
Applications Close: 30/05/2019