An exciting 12 month contract opportunity has arisen in our Proprietary Card Services (PCS) business. We seeking an Assistant Manager in the newly created Business Insights and Analytics team to support the business with insights, analytics, product & portfolio optimisation and projects.
The PCS business is responsible for product line strategy, acquisition, brand, portfolio management and customer engagement for American Express Consumer Credit and Charge cards in Australia & New Zealand.
The successful candidate will work in close collaboration with the Consumer Products team as well as a range of internal and external stakeholders (both local and international) to help the business drive profitability and growth.
This position is ideally suited to a motivated individual with strong analytics experience in financial products who thrives in a fast paced environment.
- Business Analytics: Create reporting and insights to support the Consumer Products team to optimise the portfolio. Develop a detailed understanding of profitability levers, customer behavioural drivers and performance metrics.
- Projects: Support the development of key business initiatives. This may include analysis to drive investment decisions, resource planning, new product opportunities, risk assessment and cost/benefit analysis.
- Performance Tracking : Work closely with the Consumer Products team and Finance to consolidate and report on financial and non-financial information on a monthly basis.
- Competitive Analysis: Analysis of business performance against environmental and competitive trends and research evaluation / opportunity assessment. Leverage internal networks and team. Assist with external product research on behalf of wider PCS.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.Qualifications
To be considered for this opportunity you must have:
- Experience with SAS/SQL
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong analytical talent with the ability to translate insights and ideas into recommendations
- Solid commercial acumen, including the ability to identify and size growth opportunities
- Understanding of American Express’ Consumer products and the competitive landscape an advantage
Along with having the above experience working in a similar position, you will be a strong team player who has a positive and flexible attitude and exceptional attention to detail. You will be self-motivated with strong organisational/time management skills. If this sounds like you, apply today!
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.