Do you specialise in consultative selling?
Do you enjoy creating innovative deals within large national/global companies?
This is an excellent opportunity to consolidate your passion for selling Corporate Payments at the Enterprise level with a focus on Travel & Expense management and Working Capital solutions across your prospect base.
We currently have a new opportunity to join our highly successful acquisition team located in Melbourne. Working within our Global Corporate Payments business, you will be charged with identifying, driving and closing profitable new business acquisitions for the Corporate Card, Business Travel Account and Corporate Purchasing Solution product suite.
This unique opportunity requires an individual with the ability to build long-standing relationships leveraging your knowledge of the payments industry to become a trusted advisor to your prospects. You will be skilled in creating and identifying new business opportunities, be comfortable with the management of longer term sales cycles and be well versed in pricing negotiations – individuals who are successful in these roles can challenge the status quo to drive outcomes for their clients and the American Express business.
- Develop in-depth understanding of our prospects/clients, build relationships for success, influence prospect/client decisions, develop and execute against strategic sales plans.
- Differentiate American Express value, develop in-depth understanding of the market and build/manage an effective pipeline.
- Define acquisition sales strategies for the given territory which optimizes the added value of each element of our Large Market Value proposition maximize the return and meet aggressive sales growth targets.
- Own and deliver the outcome – prospect conversion and new billings generation, win-to-trade, new booked volume and carry over volume targets.
- Drive the sales approach internally with stakeholders as well as externally with customers and ensure that the necessary resources from all parts of the organization are aligned appropriately with our opportunities.
- Manage tenders and leads taking the lead for research into the account, preparation of presentation materials ensuring pricing is consistent with pricing strategy and the effective implementation of the account.
- Lead negotiation and help define contract terms and service level agreements with customers (contract management) and work closely with the relationship teams in the transitional phase of each account.
- Conduct implementation reviews to ensure success and appropriate progress.
- A proven consultative selling ability in a B2B market ideally within Large Market
- Professional sales experience (strategic selling and negotiation skills) to sell to the most complex accounts with a potential Card billings volume typically in excess of $4M (Strategic Sales).
- Strong Financial understanding – Ability to understand company audited financials & how to drive insights into ratios & their impacts on a large organizations growth/savings opportunities.
- Excellent Commercial Acumen & influencing skills
- Negotiation skills at C-Level in Enterprise business.
- Demonstrated thought leadership and ability to influence others
- Detailed understanding of how the pricing dynamics, product technological capabilities and product functionality vary across the JAPA region.
- Strong communication/presentation skills with broad range of internal and external customers
- Collaboration - a proven ability to ensure key linkages with other business stakeholders are optimized (finance, operations, account management etc)
- Research/investigative skills
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.