The Head of Agriculture is based within HSBC UK Commercial Banking.
HSBC provides financial services solutions to agricultural clients with wide ranging banking requirements across the UK.
The Head of Agriculture will drive this important sector, leading a team of Regional Agriculture Directors and working with Agricultural Relationship Directors and Managers across the UK. The position also holds responsibility for being the face of HSBC UK in all matters 'agricultural' across the country.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Being an ambassador and champion for the industry and HSBC in society, engaging with the local business community and KBIs through supporting National and Regional events.
• Engaging with our customers and improving our customers experience by adding value to these relationships.
• Understanding how our business decisions are likely to impact our customers and challenging these internally as well as helping message to the industry where required.
• Working in partnership with the commercial banking segments to manage agricultural plans for the UK business. This includes working in partnership with the Regional Agricultural Directors and relationship Managers to drive forward and achieve financial plans across the UK Agricultural team.
• Working collaboratively with the Regional Directors across Commercial Banking to ensure a united proposition across the UK for existing customers and new opportunities
• Involvement with structuring major/complex/demanding deals alongside RM’s and RAD’s where appropriate.
• Keeping Risk management at the forefront of all that you do, especially around identification of sector trends and emerging risks and communicating these to colleagues across the Bank.
• Adhering to HSBC policy, procedures and control requirements applicable to day-to-day working, exceptional and project activities, and raising any concerns about actual or potential issues promptly, in line with reporting and escalation procedures.
• Applying policies, procedures, practices and standards to their allocated tasks, taking responsibility for their own actions, to ensure the achievement of high levels of quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
• Experience working in relevant market/context, i.e. Agriculture experience is essential
• Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. Commercial Banking (CMB).
• The ability to demonstrate a wide ranging understanding the agricultural and farming sectors and the factors that influence their performance.
• Proven experience of leading the delivery of an excellent customer service and proactively look for innovative ways to improve the service delivered to customers
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills with experience of successfully influencing others, negotiating effectively and winning over large audiences with compelling and persuasive presentations. This should include the ability to deliver presentations to large audiences.
• Built effective networks across agriculture networks, developing relationships based on mutual trust and encouraging others to do the same
• A track record of making complex business decisions with authority, even in times of ambiguity, considering the potential long term risks and implications
• Experience of creating and deploying comprehensive business/operating plans which consistently deliver desired results
• An understanding of the regulatory frameworks and compliance requirements associated with financial services.
• A track record of effectively handling complex sales, to meet the needs of demanding customers, in a fair and ethical way
The base location for this role is Edinburgh, Liverpool, Manchester, Preston, Birmingham, Milton Keynes, Bristol, Southampton, Exeter, Reading or Cambridge.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, working from home and staggered hours. The availability of these options can be discussed with the recruitment team as part of the application process.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
Telephone: +44 2078328500
|Location:||United Kingdom Edinburgh|
Banking and Financial Services
PLEASE! No enquiries from Recruitment Agencies or Headhunters.
Only direct applications will be considered.