Job Description - Private Client Relationship Manager (0000D0BM)
Private Client Relationship Manager : 0000D0BM
HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the largest and leading international bank in the Canada. HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3,800 offices in 66 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa
We help companies and individuals across Canada to manage their finances through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management. It’s this global connectivity that you will find yourself inspired and collaborating with colleagues not just locally but also across continents and cultures. About Retail Banking & Wealth Management Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide, helping them manage their day – to day finances and save for the future. We also connect institutional and retail clients with investment opportunities through our Global Asset Management division. We are committed to building long-term relationships with our customers, offering products and services to help them reach their goals and aspirations. We continue to exponentially grow our market share in Canada year on year. Key Objectives for Private Client Relationship Manager: The role is a client facing role managing the HSBC relationship with our highest value clients where professionalism, client focus and an expert understanding of wealth planning and wealth products are critical to the success of the business. The role holder has a responsibility to acquire, develop and retain relationships with a portfolio of Top Tier Premier clients.
The Private Client Relationship Manager requires exceptional ability to build trusting relationships with existing and potential Top Tier Premier clients, help clients articulate their needs, and deliver to exceed client expectations. Success requires getting to know clients on a personal and professional level to understand their short and long term financial goals. They will use deep understanding of the client’s situation and external market knowledge to challenge clients and provide financial advice which leads to highly individualised strategies aimed at wealth creation and capital preservation.
The role will entail reviewing the Top Tier portfolio regularly to identify opportunities to use the distinctive capabilities of HSBC, spanning lines of business and geography, to the advantage of the client. In so doing increase client loyalty by meeting their needs either directly or through effective and proactive collaboration with other internal business partners.
Understanding and adhering to local and global compliance requirements is critical. In delivering the business objectives the role holder must also maintain the levels of operational integrity required by HSBC and adhere to the Business Principles and Values of HSBC.
The Private Client Relationship Manager is accountable for the performance of their portfolio and needs to ensure it is effectively run within the RBWM Target Business Model (TBM) and delivers to the Top Tier Proposition as defined by HSBC Group. Principle Accountabilities:
- Own the client relationship with HSBC and provide professional care and expert financial advice that results in clients considering HSBC their primary bank
- Work with the broader branch, support and direct teams to ensure achievement of the business performance measures by delivering differentiated wealth products and services to the client
- Build and maintain relationships with clients based on credibility, reliability and personal interest
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of relevant products and services and how they might be tailored to provide the best solutions for clients
- Maintain highest standard of excellence in client service with individual clients with regular monitoring of client satisfaction
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
- Work as part of an integrated management team to ensure, standards and are met and operating models delivered
- Complete line manager responsibilities for managing assigned Premier Officer or designated support staff
- As a team player, establish and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues in the wider RBWM businesses and others as appropriate to service client needs
- Collaborate with the wider team to deliver the RBWM performance measures and plan to support the multi channel client journey
- Act a role model and coach to more junior RMs, as needed
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Ensure that sales & operations are undertaken in accordance with HSBC FIM, BIM and Credit Policy Manual appropriate lending guidelines.
- Manage operational risk, by using relevant MI to identify risk situations and take any appropriate action to minimise loss.
- Adhere to selling process and sales quality requirements
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of eight years proven and progressive financial services, and at least 3 years as Relationship Manager.
- Evidence of strong client recommendation and sales results in wealth products.
- Equivalent relationship management experience in managing high net worth client portfolios preferred.
- Expert knowledge in wealth planning and wealth products.
- Sound knowledge of the impact of macroeconomics/microeconomics/local market developments.
- Expert knowledge of external regulatory framework relevant to wealth management.
- In-depth understanding of HSBC Global House Views.
- Strong client focus and ability to develop long term partnerships with clients.
- Ability to deliver needs-based solutions through effective communication, influencing, and sales skills.
- Clear view on how to work with Compliance, Credit & Risk and Internal Control to ensure a balanced risk operating environment.
- Able to communicate well in English Understands / speaks second language is an asset
- Willingness to be mobile in local community
- Mutual Fund Licensing. Requires Completion of:
- Investment Funds in Canada Course; Canadian Investment Funds Course; or Canadian Securities Course; and
- Mutual Fund Skills Builders Course
- Completion of HSBC Business School and Accreditation
- Personal Financial Planning Designation (PFP) or equivalent; (Quebec Only: CSI certificate of achievement – Advanced Personal Finance).
- Have an understanding of the immediate regional Global Wealth strategy and the ability to plan own activities accordingly
- Be ambitious about providing the highest standards of delivery to colleagues and clients
- Show ability to set stretch goals for self and the ability to deliver these with courage and tenacity
- Be authentic and show ability to engage with colleagues and clients to deliver at pace
- Make considered decisions that protect HSBC & Global Wealth values, reputation and businesses
Global Wealth Management - Relationship Manager Technical Capabilities
- Refer to PRM Capability Framework, Advanced level, for more details
HSBC Proud In 2018, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the “Best 50 Corporate Citizens” in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine. HSBC was also the first company to be recognized as a top performer in gender diversity within the financial services sector, as part of a new Corporate Knights initiative to recognize leaders in this space.
Join HSBC, and benefit from the following:
- Career Development: Within your current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
- Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
- Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
- International Connectivity and impact: Build global relationships and be a part of international initiatives
- A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
- Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make
: Retail / Branch Banking
: North America-Canada-British Columbia-West Vancouver
: Day JobType of Vacancy : Region vacancy
: 14-May-2019, 06:36:39
: 28-May-2019, 14:59:00