An opportunity has become available for a Speech Pathologist (Speech Pathology and Audiology - Rotational) to join Gold Coast Health where the focus of our 10 000-strong team is on providing world-class health care to over 550,000 people living in the Gold Coast, and northern New South Wales region.
You will take responsibility for
- Managing a designated caseload, to deliver professional level speech pathology services to adults in accordance with professional and ethical standards
- Undertaking routine speech pathology communication and swallowing assessment, diagnosis, planning, intervention and case management tasks, within well-established clinical and departmental protocols, policies and procedures, utilising evidence based practice principles and effective risk management strategies
- Utilising clinical knowledge, clinical skill, judgement and problem solving ability, commensurate with level of experience and apply increasingly independent clinical judgment and provide non-routine speech pathology intervention as experience develops, under the clinical practice supervision or professional guidance of a more senior clinician
- Providing clinical education regarding routine and non-routine speech pathology related topics, as appropriate for level of experience, to patients, carers, speech pathologists, other health professionals, students and external agencies
Requirements for the role
- It is a condition of employment in this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against the following vaccine preventable diseases during their employment: measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (chicken pox), pertussis (whooping cough) and hepatitis B
- Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) or the relevant professional board
- The possession of a tertiary degree in Speech Pathology from a recognised tertiary institution, providing eligibility for practicing membership to Speech Pathology Australia is a requirement for this role
- Whilst not mandatory, Speech Pathology Australia membership is highly desirable
- Whilst not mandatory, previous experience and/or competency in the following areas will be highly regarded: dysphagia, including tracheostomy, videofluoroscopic swallow study and/or sEMG; Lee Silverman Voice Treatment® program; high intensity aphasia programs; Voicecraft®; fluency programs; alternative and augmentative communication; radiation oncology; and/or post-surgical voice restoration
- This position is required to work throughout the Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service
- Career Development
- Flexible work policies
- Leave loading
- Salary Packaging
- Modern Facilities
- Diverse Work Culture
- Permanent full time
- Base salary ranging from $72 189 - $99 875 p.a.
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- 17.5% leave loading
About Speech Pathology and Audiology Service
Speech pathologists are health professionals who manage communication and swallowing/feeding disorders across the lifespan. Currently, Gold Coast Health employees approximately 55 speech pathology staff and a number of dedicated speech pathology assistants. Speech pathology services for adults and paediatrics are based in the following Gold Coast Health Service facilities: Gold Coast University Hospital, Robina Hospital, Robina Health Precinct, Southport Health Precinct, Helensvale Community Health Centre and Palm Beach Community Health Centre. Services provided include acute care, outpatient services, rehabilitation, community rehabilitation and community-based care for adults within regional hospital, tertiary hospital and community settings, and acute, outpatient and community based speech pathology services for infants and children.
GCH is committed to attracting the right people for our organisation. To help us with this we have developed a Core Capability Framework which defines the skills and behaviours required to perform successfully as an organisation.
How to Apply Please click the Apply button to review the Role Description and submit your application by Thursday, 30 May 2019.
Job Ad reference: GC311265
Please note: no third-party applications will be accepted.