An opportunity has become available for an Occupational Therapist to join Gold Coast Health where the focus of our 10 000-strong team is on providing world-class health care to over 550,000 people living in the Gold Coast, and northern New South Wales region.
You will take responsibility for
- Delivering client centred individual and group occupational therapy services within prescribed legal, ethical and professional obligations using evidence based best practice guidelines and reliable and valid outcome measures
- As experience builds, apply increasingly independent clinical judgement to more complex clinical decision making under the clinical practice supervision or professional guidance of a more senior clinician
- Providing input into the development and promotion of the occupational therapy role, including clinical practices, procedures and protocols
- Developing clinical practice knowledge and expertise through self-directed learning, active learning within the team, and by engaging in professional development activities
Requirements for the role
- It is a condition of employment in this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against the following vaccine preventable diseases during their employment: measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (chicken pox), pertussis (whooping cough) and hepatitis B
- Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) or the relevant professional board. Certified copies of relevant qualification and registration must be provided to the appropriate supervisor/manager, prior to the commencement of clinical duties
- The possession of a tertiary degree in Occupational Therapy from a recognised tertiary institution and registration as an Occupational Therapist with the Occupational Therapy Board of Australia (AHPRA) is a requirement for this role
- Overseas candidates should include such evidence with their application to be considered for short listing in the selection process
- This position is required to work weekends
- Career Development
- Flexible work policies
- Leave loading
- Salary Packaging
- Modern Facilities
- Diverse Work Culture
- Temporary part time (12 months with the possibility of extension, 53.2 hrs p.f.)
- Base salary ranging from $36.40 - $50.37 per hour
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- 17.5% leave loading
About Gold Coast Health
- Nationally and internationally recognised location for innovative medical research and health care
- Annual operating budget exceeding $1.3 billion
- More than 1100 beds across three hospitals - Gold Coast University Hospital, Robina Hospital, Varsity Lakes Hospital and Robina and Southport Health Precincts
- Acute and sub-acute care in hospital and community settings
- Opportunity to combine professional advancement, job satisfaction and relaxation into one fulfilling lifestyle
About Orchid Older Persons
Orchid Older Persons is a 16-bed unit that provides assessment, collaborative treatment and discharge planning for people generally over the age of 65, who present with acute and complex Mental Health disorders and whose assessed level of risk and limited social supports makes alternative inpatient or community care inappropriate. This specialist service is designed to provide, short to medium term care for voluntary and involuntary consumers with medical co-morbidities. Mental Health, social and medical assessments are provided by specialist staff. Care and treatment is consumer focussed, multidisciplinary, comprehensive and collaborative.
GCH is committed to attracting the right people for our organisation. To help us with this we have developed a Core Capability Framework ( http://gchweb.sth.health.qld.gov.au/people-and-corporate-services/human-resource-services/organisation-capability/core-capability-framework.html ) which defines the skills and behaviours required to perform successfully as an organisation.
How to Apply
Please click the Apply button to review the Role Description and submit your application by Thursday, 30 May 2019.
Job Ad reference: GC311090
Please note: no third-party applications will be accepted.