Employment Type: Casual
Position Classification: Registered Nurse
Remuneration: $31.58 - $44.34 per hour
Hours Per Week: 0
Requisition ID: REQ106182
Come join out team! We are looking for Registered Nurses wanting casual work with experience and an interest in Mental Health nursing. Work as much or as little as you like to fit in with your life.
Where you'll be working
We are located in Caringbah in the Southern Suburbs of Sydney in the Sutherland Shire. We are close to Public transport links and beautiful beaches.
What you'll be doing
The vision for
South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD) is ‘exceptional care, healthier lives’. SESLHD is committed to enabling our community to be healthy and well, and to providing the best possible compassionate care when people need it.
All staff are expected to act as an appropriate and effective role model and promote culture and supporting practices that reflect the NSW Health CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment through demonstrated behaviours and interactions with patients, clients and employees. The Registered Nurse coordinates and delivers high quality nursing care to patients/clients of the Sutherland Mental Health Service consistent with SESLHD and Sutherland Mental Health Service policies, procedures and standards.
Sutherland Hospital has two inpatient units. The Mental Health Unit is a 28 bedded unit, it consists of 10 Observation beds and 18 General Beds. The Mental Health Rehabilitation Unit is 20 bedded unit. Over both wards we have Dynamic Multidisciplinary teams working with our Nurses and Allied health staff. Training opportunities are available and encouraged.
South Eastern Sydney Local Health District is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes, but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
1. Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia.
2. Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to identify key messages, issues and concerns when communicating with others.
3. Demonstrated ability to proactively engage with patients/clients to enhance service delivery and to guide others in providing service excellence.
4. Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and apply professional and ethical boundaries when dealing with complex situations.
5. Basic computer skills and proven ability to use health information systems.
6. Demonstrated understanding of recovery principles and commitment to the philosophy and practice of consumer, family and carer participation and consumer focused care.
7. Demonstrated experience and ability to deliver high quality patient care in Mental Health at a post graduate level
8. Current unrestricted Class C drivers licence.