Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Registered Nurse
Remuneration: $62,619.50 - $87,926.11 per annum
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ105144
South Eastern Sydney Local Health District is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes, but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
The Randwick Campus Operating Suite, based at Prince of Wales Hospital, consists of 21 operating rooms including a hybrid theatre. We are unique in that we provide care to patients of Prince of Wales Hospital, Sydney Children's Hospital and the Royal Hospital for Women. We are looking for experienced anaesthetic nurses and we are able to provide you with excellent educational and clinical opportunities across a broad range of all adult and paediatric specialties including obstetrics and gynaecology, neonatal surgery, neurosurgery and many more.
Where you'll be working
The Prince of Wales Hospital is a major teaching hospital based in Sydney's eastern suburbs that serves all of New South Wales. The hospital is situated close to the city, Bondi Beach, excellent shopping facilities, and within walking distance to Coogee Beach.
We are affiliated with the University of NSW, one of the premier medical teaching facilities in Australia. This assists us to provide excellence in care in conjunction with our commitment to clinical teaching and medical research.
Currently the NSW Government is investing $720 million to redevelop the Prince of Wales Hospital and progress the vision of Randwick as a world-leading centre for health and wellbeing, research, education and teaching. An Acute Services Building will be built in Stage 1 including a new adult emergency department, extra beds, intensive care unit, and new operating theatres for the campus.
More than just a new hospital building, this major redevelopment will transform how we deliver health services at Randwick. This facility will enable us to continue to attract and retain the best nurses, doctors and support staff and meet the changing health needs of our community. The redevelopment expands opportunities for cutting-edge health research, world first treatments and improved patient outcomes.
What you'll be doing
The vision for
South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD) is ‘exceptional care, healthier lives’. SESLHD is committed to enabling our community to be healthy and well, and to providing the best possible compassionate care when people need it.
South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD) is committed to improving the care provided to our patients in line with our vision of Working together to improve the health and wellbeing of our community.
All staff are expected to act as an appropriate and effective role model and promote culture and supporting practices that reflect the NSW Health CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment through demonstrated behaviours and interactions with patients, clients and employees.
The Registered Nurse coordinates and delivers high quality nursing care to patients/clients of the Prince of Wales Hospital (POWH) consistent with SESLHD and POWH policies, procedures and standards.
1. Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia.
2. Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to identify key messages, issues and concerns when communicating with others.
3. Demonstrated ability to proactively engage with patients/clients to enhance service delivery and to guide others in providing service excellence.
4. Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and apply professional and ethical boundaries when dealing with complex situations.
5. Basic computer skills and proven ability to use health information systems.
6. Detailed knowledge and understanding of risk management, safety and quality principles and the role of the Registered Nurse in applying these principles.
7. Demonstrated recent extensive post registration experience in anaesthetic nursing.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description and SESLHD Expected Standards
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Samantha Neilson on 9382 0500 or Samantha.Neilson@health.nsw.gov.au
Applications Close: 30 May 2019