Onsite Telesales Personal Banker-19021175
Description About Citi Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients. Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities. Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all. Position Summary Citibank delivers a wide array of banking, lending and investment services to individual consumers, as well as to small businesses. Citibank's products and services cover a wide range of client banking needs including basic banking (checking and savings accounts, investment products), mortgages, small business, commercial banking, investment advisory services, and financial needs and analysis tools to enable Citibank to bring tailored solutions to every client. This role will focus on specifically meeting consumer banking client needs. The Telesales Personal Banker is responsible for providing a superior client experience while delivering business results that align with building and retaining relationships in a virtual, telesales environment. The Telesales Personal Banker will execute and deliver results which support a defined sales plan, and perform in a manner that achieves required call production and sales goals through direct interaction with clients and internal partners.Conduct inbound and outbound sales / service activities (e.g., outbound/inbound phone calls, communication via email, marketing calls) to engage with virtual clients and build relationships.
The information listed within this description summary is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive account of all the responsibilities, and/or minimum qualifications required of an employee assigned to this position. NOTE: You may be required to take a timed online assessment once you complete an online profile. If you need to take the assessment, you will either be directed to do so.
- Execute integrated sales, relationship and credit strategies that are aligned with the business plan and goals.
- Transform service transactions to sales / referral opportunities according to client needs.
- Proactively educate clients on utilizing non branch channels (e.g., ATM, CBOL).
- Cultivate partnerships with segment partners (e.g. Small Business, Home Lending and Wealth Management) to obtain and provide appropriately qualified referrals; meet periodically with segment partners to review goals, discuss strategies, and solicit feedback and coaching.
- Use approved lead generation techniques (e.g., Book of Business) to identify cross-sell and relationship deepening opportunities with current clients.
- Conduct planning discussions with clients to understand background and identify needs; clearly communicate potential solutions.
- Provide value and advice to help our clients succeed financially and achieve deep lifetime relationships. Meet all client needs and strive to be their primary financial services company.
- Proactively support strategies to increase the client base, offering a full range of banking products and services, with limited supervision and direction.
- Take ownership of the end-to-end client experience.
- Schedule periodic meetings and check-points with clients to provide value-added services.
- Understand and consistently adhere to all operational controls to ensure the safety and security of client and Bank assets; complete required regulatory / compliance training.
- Probe for client needs and offer products through phone and via other approved digital tools.
- Establish and maintain key relationships within the community.
- Foster teamwork within the Virtual Branch Team and treat coworkers as valued partners.
- Work in an agile manner by identifying areas for change, responding when changes in process or tools are required, and quickly adapting to new direction.
- Participate proactively in all huddles and meetings, to build the Virtual Branch concept and refine over time.
- Create a warm, welcoming and friendly environment for clients and employees.
This position requires the employee to register as a mortgage loan originator with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry ("Registry") and obtain a unique identifier from the Registry before engaging in mortgage loan originator activities, to maintain and renew that registration on an annual basis, to update registration information with the Registry on a timely basis, and to provide that unique identifier to consumers as required by applicable SAFE Act regulations and Citi policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years banking, retail other related sales and service experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a sales plan
- Demonstrated ability to engage in outbound sales activities and acquire new business
- Demonstrated ability to successfully deepen and retain client relationships
- Product/service knowledge; expertise in articulating product/service information to clients
- Demonstrated strong financial/business acumen
- Basic computer skills – ability to interact with clients using banking technology; Salesforce.com experience a plus
- Results-oriented; self-starter
- Strong client service orientation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to engage with and influence others
- Ability to think creatively to solve problems
- Organized; ability to manage time effectively and to multi-task
EEO Statement: Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Pay Transparency: Citi won’t discriminate against anyone for discussing pay, but those with access to pay data in their work can’t disclose it unless responding to complaints/investigations or legal requirements.