Core Java Developer, Data Analytics Technology-19018888
Description About CitiCiti, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients. Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities. Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all. The candidate is responsible for developing strategic platform for the Data Analytics Technology Team. The job offers a very challenging role with applications present globally. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining and building new functionality to platform. This position may require interacting with users, understanding requirements and constructing functionality. Candidate will be part of all development and post-development phases of systems development including: analysis and design, development, testing and deployment within a team that is located in multiple regions. Working together with multiple support groups for release of new software and in resolving technical issues. About Role:Supporting 1,500 of Citi's institutional clients, the Data Analytics Technology team's reporting application provides their clients with 10 million transactional records a day, and 1.5 million reports monthly. We are seeking an passionate developer with a willingness to learn,. Working within a fast paced, global team, the right candidate will be a self-starter who is passionate about growing. The job offers a very challenging role with applications present globally. Working with the development team and the business, you will help develop a cutting-edge application used by our most prestigious clients.
Qualifications We highly encourage you to apply if you possess the below skills and qualifications: Primary Skill Requirements:
Here are some highly useful additional *nice to have skills which the team uses:
- Proactive attitude, and the ability to run projects with minimal direction given the geographically distributed nature of the team
- Core java development experience, ideally 5 years minimum but this is not an absolute must
- You are well versed with design standards & java frameworks.
- Java frameworks, which can include but are not limited to: Spring Boot Spring Integration Spring Batch Hibernate
- Test Driven Development
- Solid knowledge of SQL in the context of a major RDBMS
- Quick learner of new tools and technologies
- Strong verbal and written communications skills as this role will require you to simultaneously managing multiple projects with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficiency with all of the following: Spring Boot Spring Integration Spring Batch Hibernate CSS MVC (AngularJS Backbone) RESTful WebServices Ajax XML Application Servers (Websphere/Weblogic) JSP Struts Spring RDMBS
- Agile or Waterfall
- Major RDBMS such as DB2 UDB Oracle.
- Experienced with XML (including schemas)
- Tools – Grunt Bower Eclipse and automated testing tools like JUnit Jasmine Cucumber / Gherkins
EEO Statement: Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Pay Transparency: Citi won’t discriminate against anyone for discussing pay, but those with access to pay data in their work can’t disclose it unless responding to complaints/investigations or legal requirements.