Core Java Developer, Issuer Technology-19014422
Description About CitiCiti, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients. Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities. Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all. About Role:The Issuer Technology Team is looking for a technologist to help code and support various vendor applications intended for structured financial analytics within a global setting. As an intermediate full stack developer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Develop a depth of understanding in a set of applications supporting Agency Trust.
- Develop solutions based on requirements document.
- Contribute to formulation of strategies for technology innovation, engineering excellence, project control and management.
- Use in-depth understanding of technology design patterns and strategic direction in modernization of business critical external and internal websites.
- Apply good communication, problem solving, and team work skills across clients and technology areas.
- Participate L3 production support and business sustainability initiatives for a set of applications
- Deliver well tested and built enhancements with shared responsibility for project management; accountable for resource planning and client communication.
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and contribute to defining standards within our projects and applications.
We highly encourage you to apply if you possess the below skills and qualifications: Primary Skill Requirements:
Here are some highly useful additional *nice to have skills which the team uses:
- Quick learner of new tools and technologies.
- Technologies required – back-end: Core Java 8+, RESTful Development , Spring Boot + JPA/Hibernate
- Tools –Test Driven Development and integration testing with JUnit; git process (branches, PR, code review)
- Proactive attitude, and the ability to run projects with minimal direction given the geographically distributed nature of the team
- Core java development experience, ideally 5 years minimum but this is not an absolute must
- Strong verbal and written communications skills as this role will require you to simultaneously managing multiple projects with internal and external stakeholders.Translating non-technical terms to business is a core piece of this role
- Able to work with distributed teams across multiple time zones.
- Spanish or Portuguese fluency.
EEO Statement: Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Pay Transparency: Citi won’t discriminate against anyone for discussing pay, but those with access to pay data in their work can’t disclose it unless responding to complaints/investigations or legal requirements.