GF Balance Sheet Management Senior Group Manager-19024493
Brief Description of the Organization
Citi, the leading global financial services company, has some 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 100 countries, providing consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, and wealth management. Additional information may be found at www.citigroup.com or http://www.citi.com/.
Brief Description of Country Corporate Treasury
The Country Corporate Treasury team supports the Country Treasurer and CFO on Balance Sheet Management activities. The team is responsible for ensuring disciplined treasury practices in managing treasury risk exposures, and providing an independent oversight on liquidity risk management and contingency funding planning. The Country Corporate Treasury Team also partners with the businesses to optimize funding structure within appropriate risk levels and Balance Sheet management disciplines. The team provides advisory service on treasury strategy, supports the Country ALCO discussion, and acts as a liaison with all constituencies within Citigroup, including communication with senior management, strategizing treasury issues with other business segments and across different corporate functions (Financial Control, tax, etc.).
- Ensure disciplined treasury practices and provision of adequate support/oversight on liquidity risk management and contingency funding planning for all bank entities in Singapore. Be responsible for Citi SG’s funding and liquidity plans, as well as the implementation of related liquidity risk targets and metrics, including country and legal entity oversight, stress testing and contingency funding plans. Also includes CGM balance sheet oversight.
- Partner with the local treasurers and businesses to optimize funding structures within appropriate risk levels and balance sheet management disciplines.
- Provide analytics on treasury strategies, support the Country ALCO discussion, and act as a liaison with key constituencies in Singapore, including communication with senior management across the Region and NY Head Office. Support the Country Treasurer to ensure appropriate liquidity governance within the Country ALCO.
- Responsible for local regulatory reporting to the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS). Includes MAS 649 for LCR, MAS 652 for NSFR (QIS), MAS Industry-wide stress test, MAS Craft submission and various liquidity related response to Consultation Paper and Recovery & Resolution planning queries.
- Strategize and escalate critical treasury/liquidity issues with other business segments and across different corporate functions, e.g. Financial Control, tax, etc.
- Provide business analysis and project management within Citi Treasury, focusing on the areas of liquidity risk management/reporting (for example, Daily S2, LCR Prime/RLAP, FRB 4G/5G, Basel III, FSA, and Liquidity Stress Testing). Enable the project scope, businessrequirements and functional specifications to be completed properly and meet all the local requirements.
- Liaison between the business users and to develop solutions for an intact liquidity risk reporting process / management and troubleshoot for relevant issues from initiation through implementation.
- Support the key CCAR priorities specific to Singapore bank entities as well as the rollout of related Ruby initiatives and BAU processes. Build and support treasury re-balancing efforts at the MLE (legal entity) and CLE (country) level, drive the implementation of revised IRE/EVS metrics with FP&A and Market Risk.
- Work with various subject matter experts to produce relevant artifacts (process flow charts, user requirements, user guides, release notes).
- Communicate and influence frequently with senior management or project stakeholders for optimal outcomes; drive the discussion or escalate issue in context of treasury management.
- Manage a team of 4 balance sheet / treasury specialists.
- Keep the team abreast of in-depth knowledge of prevailing regulatory reporting practices, relevant rules, recent market development, risk measurement and analytical skills.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum 7 years of practical experience with solid knowledge of treasury, risk management and financial analysis
- Broad understanding of financial markets, banking regulations, Basel III regulations, liquidity and capital management, and risk management principles
- Good working knowledge of assets-liabilities management and balance sheet optimization. Prior involvement in ALCO is a plus
- Solid understanding of transfer-pricing and interest rate risk is highly desirable
- Excellent spreadsheet and modeling skills required. Seasoned analytical experience is essential; must possess ability to apply sound judgment when reviewing output; critical thinking is essential
- Experience in project management and delivery is important
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills Ability to interact with senior management regarding complex topics