Applications Support Intermediate Analyst-19021419
Applications Support Intermediate Analyst
- Do you enjoy working with talented people from diverse backgrounds, eager to enhance your technical and business knowledge?
- Are you willing to partner with multiple teams across diverse functions to support and optimize live business applications?
- Are you passionate about technology and have the skills necessary to support one of the largest technology enterprises in the world?
- Do you have a good working knowledge of production support and/or application development?
- We might have a career for you! What is the Career opportunity we have?
Production Support Analyst
Citi Private Bank Citi Production Support is responsible for the smooth operation of mission critical global applications built on various technology platforms. We are currently seeking a talented Production Support Analyst to supplement our team in the Banking and Lending space. The PS Analyst is a key part of the CPB Technology organization. The support function includes providing Service Monitoring, Incident Management, Problem Analysis and Change Implementation. This is all done from our state of the art facilities in partnership with our development and infrastructure support teams. This role will have a direct reporting line into a North America region Vice President whose team is committed to driving superior production support with a clear focus on collaboration and consistency.
This position provides an excellent opportunity for growth within the organization, as Citi Private Bank Technology is committed to delivering many new projects and services to our business and clients. As such, CPB Tech is expanding rapidly and has a strong need to on-board talented and motivated individuals. Citi, as an organization, gives a great deal of latitude to self- determine organizational and career direction. Being a Technology role, it is expected that you will demonstrate competency in the technical disciplines and have a strong desire to learn and grow while driving accurate and efficient process execution and continuous process improvement.
Functional Role and Responsibilities:
- In this role you will be responsible for functioning within a larger support team at our regional facility. Responsibilities include: Day to day Incident and Problem Management, Application Monitoring and Alert Management, Release Management, and Continuous Service Improvement
- Our teams work together with other technical and functional areas to ensure proper execution of processes. This includes direct engagement in Level 2 Support of incidents and acting as an advocate for the business users and help desk analysts to the development team, when Level 3 issue escalations are required
- Key to your success will be your desire to learn and grow in the role as a team player, and take direction and guidance from the team lead and other senior team members
General and Technical Skills Desired
General Characteristics for success:
- Possess the necessary technical acumen to quickly learn new technologies and the analytical skills required to drive critical issues to resolution within our team and/or in collaboration with partner organizations
- Effective prioritization skills and high energy
- Desires to work in a dynamic technical application support environment
- Ability to work under stress with conflicting priorities and a fluctuating and potentially voluminous operational workload
- Good ability to convey technical information to an audience with various levels of technical knowledge, including a business user base that may lack a deep understanding of application technology
- High sense of urgency and commitment to exceeding customer expectations
- Strong personal work ethic
- Resilient and highly responsive, strong ability in overcoming adversity
- Ability and willingness to operate within tightly controlled operational procedures
- Demonstrated technical competencies
- Good analytical and communications skills (both written and verbal).
Preferred Technical Skills
- Support or Development Experience on a Unix platform (AIX, Sun Solaris or LINUX)
- Ability to write & debug basic Shell scripts, Pearl scripts or Python Scripts
- Experience in writing and interpreting Database SQL queries
- Comfortable reading and analysing various log files
- Supported or developed Java applications deployed under Websphere and/or Weblogic is desired
- Service Now knowledge is a plus
- Basic Networking knowledge (Load balancers, Network Protocols)
Experience, Education, Personal Skills Desired
Experience and Educational Preferences:
- General Education Requirement (high school / secondary school or equivalency). Associates or 4yr/Bachelor’s degree is NOT required; experience will be considered in place of formal education
- Hands on production application support experience is desired
- Technical experience at a large global/multi-national financial company is desired
- Experience in working with various interfacing teams across multiple locations and time-zones is desired
- Experience in supporting varied technologies. Client-server systems knowledge preferable
- Experience in setting up and working with Diagnostics and Analytical tools like HP Diagnostics, ITRS, RTView etc. and Automated Deployment tools like uDeploy etc. is desired
- Experience in Infrastructure Migrations and Version Upgrades from the production support perspective is desired
- Experience in change and Release Management: Ensure timely Review and Sign off on all application related changes, Ensure proper deployment within the timeline and post implementation Application Availability
- Experience in Application resiliency standards and Disaster Recovery/COB preparedness
Desired Personal Skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to maintain high standards and perseverance despite pressing deadlines
- Ability to solve problems quickly and efficiently
- Self-starter with excellent anticipation skills; problem solving; follow up
- Demonstrated dependability and sense of urgency about getting results
- Demonstrates high degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to work well under pressure, adapt to unexpected events, prioritize and multi-task in a deadline driven environment.
- Team player with a positive attitude