GF Asia Pacific Audit Director Technology Change and Third Parties TCTP and Audit Director Institutional Clients Group ICG Technology Asia Pacific-19023898
Internal Audit (IA) is a global organization of over 1700 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and functions that offer products and service to a range of wholesale and retail clients in over 180 countries. Citi's IA division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi’s numerous regulators. IA is a change agent within Citi to enhance the control culture of Citi worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the world. Technology, Change & Third Parties is a team within IA, primarily focused on the evolving and key technology risks faced by the organization, globally.
Functionally, this position reports directly to the Chief Auditor of ICG Technology and is a Director level role (C15) based in Singapore. This role is responsible for the management of risk assessment and audit delivery for business applications covering the full spectrum of ICG products. This will be accomplished by either auditing business applications on a standalone basis or by conducting fully integrated audits with the product audit teams. This encompasses providing objective risk based independent assurance with respect to the design and operating effectiveness of controls associated with applications that support critical business processes in the ICG. This role will also own a global ICG product technology portfolio within ICG Technology requiring significant interaction with global stakeholders and ICG Technology team members in other regions.
In addition, as the Regional Audit Director for Asia Pacific TCTP, the candidate will have a matrix reporting line into Global Chief Auditor - TCTP (based in New York) and Regional Chief Auditor - ASEAN Cluster (based in Singapore). The candidate will be responsible for overseeing the Asia Pacific TCTP coverage and leading Asia Pacific TCTP team (comprising of Institutional Clients Group Technology, Global Consumer Technology, Global Functions Technology, Citi Technology Infrastructure, Third Party and Change audit teams in Asia Pacific). This oversight role requires excellent communication, collaboration and partnership skills as the candidate will have to represent the Asia Pacific TCTP team to key country, regional and global stakeholders (including regulators) and drive cross functional and cross regional solutions to ensure Asia Pacific emerging risk concerns are identified and escalated and adequacy of audit coverage/ regulatory requirements.
This position requires strong leadership and management skills working with multi-disciplined teams and direct ownership for delivery of business applications audits in Asia.
- Lead a team of audit professionals to deliver valued and timely independent assurance to Citi’s Board and executive management on the control design and operating effectiveness of the ICG technology and Asia Pacific TCTP environment
- Provide expert guidance to promote audit execution, best practices and process improvements for technology, change and third party audits
- Support Internal Audit’s contributions to the Board of Directors and its respective sub - Committees
- Work to improve the identification, quantification/measurement, management, reporting and control of best practices in governance, risk management and internal control, both within ICG technology and across Citigroup
- Ensure cost effective and efficient management of the teams and individual audit engagements and working together with colleagues, ensure the overall cost effective and efficient performance of the IA function
- Coordinate the planning, execution, and reporting of technology audits according to corporate methodologies for a portfolio of audit entities across technology and ICG businesses in Asia and for a defined global ICG product technology portfolio (e.g. TTS / CPB / Markets)
- Understand, and audit the compliance with, regulations that impact technology across the region. Collaborate with the Asia Pacific Chief Auditor and Country Heads of Audit to ensure appropriate coverage of technology regulatory requirements. Represent TCTP in regulatory interactions, inspections and submissions
- Develop a solid understanding of core businesses, technologies and services in the region and for a defined global ICG product technology portfolio
- Support global Heads of Technology Audit in the recruitment of staff, the development of talent and in building an effective team of audit professionals that will deliver a quality audit product for the region
- Coordinate the delivery of the audit portfolio against budgeted timeframes, resourcing requirements, and controllable costs, and provide the global Heads of Technology Audit functions with status updates
- Ensure quality assurance is provided over all aspects of the audit process in Asia to ensure compliance with corporate methodologies and professional standards
- Monitor business activity and risks in a portfolio of audit entities and use this information to work with global Heads of Technology Audit to help shape the scope and focus of the audits; as well as maintain a risk based audit plan with active engagement in the quarterly plan refresh process
- Report to senior management on issues, trends and causes of issues in Asia, and monitor the progress of remedial actions to satisfactory resolution. Identify emerging risk concerns from within the region and disseminate relevant global risk concerns and audit issues to relevant regional management
- Liaise with local business audit teams to ensure effective integration of audit scope and sharing of best practices
- Ensure optimal levels of computer assisted audit tools and techniques (CAATTs) are used to by staff to increase audit coverage and drive audit efficiencies
- Responsible for coordinating individual and team development plans, and for annual appraisals of team members in conjunction with local Heads of Technology Audit functions
- Keep abreast of new laws, rules, products, technologies and applications and assess their impact on risks and controls across the Asia Pacific region
- Facilitate effective relationships with senior audit, business and technology management and regulators within the region and globally. Ensure that there is effective partnership between the Asia Pacific TCTP team with peers in other regions, business and SME audit teams, internal and external stakeholders
- Represent TCTP in senior management governance committees at a country and regional level. Represent Asia Pacific TCTP in global initiatives and committees within the Internal Audit department