Senior Vice President Modeling Scoring Analysis-19023579
- Position Title: Modeling-Scoring-Analysis Senior Manager
- Requisition Number:
- Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
- Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
- Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
- This is one of the leadership roles in the Consumer Valuation Models (CVM) group within Model Risk Management. In this position, the incumbent reports into the Head of CVM and leads the CVM validation team in Mumbai.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Lead the model validation team in Mumbai responsible for conducting validation activities for consumer valuation models
- Manage the Mumbai team in terms of project assignments, deadlines and interactions with business partners
- Establish and manage validation quality control process
- Manage model risk across the model lifecycle including model validation, performance evaluation and ongoing monitoring
- Provide effective challenge to the model design and construction and conduct incremental analysis and testing as necessary
- Identify model limitations and ensure the appropriate remediation actions are in place and monitored
- Provide training on validation processes, procedures, guidelines, and documentation requirements
- Challenge and continually improve MRM guidance on modelling approaches and model performance testing
- Contribute to strategic, cross-functional initiatives within the MRM organization
- There will be learning and growth opportunities in this position, from both technical and leadership perspective. Given the wide range of coverage, the incumbent will be exposed to different types of business operations and a variety of modeling approaches, including machine learning on top of industry standard tools
- At least 12 years of experience in consumer predictive modelling, preferably some experience in Model Risk Management with model validation responsibilities
- Masters or Doctoral degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, etc.)
- Sound knowledge of Statistics/ Econometrics and Data Mining Methods
- Experience with managing a team and building partnership with business stakeholders
- Solid writing skills
- Strong communication skills as the work involves frequent interaction with model developers, risk managers and other stakeholders
- Ability to challenge models and identify model risk, especially on conceptual soundness, data quality, model development process