Role Title: Consultant Specialist
Business: Global Banking Markets IT
Role Purpose / Description
The FX Options eRisk IT team is responsible for developing a range of applications to support and grow the electronic risk management of FX derivative products throughout the bank. The successful candidate will be expected to take ownership of the technical direction of the platform, ensuring the backlog and development of the platform is coherent and progressing according to the business strategy.
We are looking for candidates who:
• Can establish an understanding of relevant business domains to help shape requirements to avoid unnecessary complexity
• Implement best-of-breed technical solutions based on agreed technical design, adopting industry standard development patterns and methodologies (including continuous integration and automated unit and integration testing)
• Are passionate about technology and look for opportunities to learn and bring new ideas to the team
• Focused on delivering quality, applying practices such as specification-by-example, build and test automation
• Maximize the value they deliver through developing a deep understanding of, and close working relationship with the FX business
• In short, want to be part of a world class team, working for a business with a need and appreciation for excellent software engineers
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
• Java server side development experience is essential. The candidate must be able to demonstrate knowledge of multi-threaded development
• Demonstrable experience implementing global, distributed systems in a 24 * 5.5 trading environment
• Experience of building FX or Rates pricing systems is advantageous
• Python, C++, VBA knowledge is advantageous
• KDB, MongoDB, Sybase
• Knowledge of Enterprise Integration and messaging technologies (29 West, RMDS, Solace)
• Excellent English communication and interpersonal skills
• Familiar with Agile methodology
• The ability to work comfortably both within a team and independently as required
• A flexible approach to delivery responsibility
• A strong desire to learn and grow
About HSBC Technology China
We develop, implement and support software and IT services and processes that allow HSBC to remain at the forefront of high-quality banking systems. We develop and maintain systems for HSBC’s global businesses, as well as support functions such as Finance, HR and Risk. We work across a range of technology platforms and development disciplines, from mainframe to mobile technologies.
Our team includes software engineers and developers, architects, testers, IT and business analysts, consultants and programme and project managers, as well as team leadership and management roles. We employ people in almost all the countries and territories in which HSBC operates. Two locations of HSBC Technology China, including Guangzhou and Xi’an, are world-class technology hubs with industrial delivery capability.
Some careers grow faster than others
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
|Location:||China Guangdong Guangzhou|
Banking and Financial Services
PLEASE! No enquiries from Recruitment Agencies or Headhunters.
Only direct applications will be considered.