Role Title: Software Engineering Manager
Business: Global Banking Markets IT
Role Purpose / Description
A unique opportunity to becoming an expert Google GCP devops engineer. The role is to become the go to GCP expert for the 3,000 GBM devops engineers and achieve the department goals outlined above. Person would be entrusted to develop solutions/design ideas, identify design ideas to enable the software to meet the acceptance and success criteria. Working closely with architects, engineers and Google.
GB&M Cloud GCP engineering team is a Global Markets and Banking Initiative that is part of the Group Data Strategy to transform the way we use Cloud in HSBC.
We need to set up the HSBC network internally and within GCP to use dedicated high capacity lines and a segmented network. Need the On boarding process to be fully-automated for defined common requests, accelerating availability of environments to less than 24 hours for common patterns. Need to get Cyber Security (CS) tool approval and produce patterns, covering code examples and access management setup across:
1. GKE Kubernetes & container registry (VPC SC and CMEK)
2. Cloud SQL
3. Cloud DataProc
Deliver Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) on GCP. Provide training on HSBC uses cloud and design of HSBC cloud environment.
As a key member of the technical team, you will be expected to define and contribute at a high-level to many aspects of our collaborative Agile development process:
• Prime role is to work with use case devops team on new GCP products such as GKE, Cloud SQl, DataProc, Tensorflow…and get the tools working safely for HSBC, design access control, document development patten and train developers to use tools.
• For key Cloud projects - Provide software design, development, automated testing of new and existing components in an Agile, DevOps and dynamic environment
• Promoting development standards, code reviews, mentoring, knowledge sharing
• Product and feature design, scrum story writing
• Implement the tools and processes, handling performance, scale, availability, accuracy and monitoring
• Participation in regular planning and status meetings. Input to the development process – through the involvement in Sprint reviews and retrospectives. Input into system architecture and design.
• Peer code reviews.
• Balancing speed of delivery with ensuring that HSBC data is safe.
• Refactoring the current technology stack and architecture from on premise to Google Cloud Platform
• Working with globally dispersed and diversified team.
• Supporting specific source on-boarding activities in line with project delivery timelines
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE (in order of importance)
• Experienced in Java and/or Python, Unix/Linux environment on-premises and in the cloud
• Experience with most of the following technologies (Terraform, GCP tools, Cloud networks and security, infrastructure as code.)
• Need structured thinking who get the GCP tool working but document so many projects can use product without detailed help.
• Sound knowledge on working Unix/Linux Platform
• Experience with industry standard version control tools (Git, GitHub), automated deployment tools (Ansible & Jenkins) and requirement management in JIRA
• Exposure to Agile Project methodology but also with exposure to other methodologies (such as Kanban)
• Understanding of data modelling techniques using relational and non-relational techniques
• Coordination between Onsite and Offshore
• Experience on Debugging the Code issues and then publishing the highlighted differences to the development team/Architects;
• Understanding or experience of Cloud design patterns
• Google Technologies and Big Data
• Forward thinking, independent, creative, and self-sufficient; who can work with less documentation, has exposure testing complex multi-tiered integrated applications. Ability to work with minimal supervision on own initiative and on multiple tasks simultaneously
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and decision making skills
• Strong team-working skills, working in global teams across multiple time zones
• Identify project issues, communicate them and assist in their resolution.
• Assist in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing project team methodology and performance.
• Cooperative team focused attitude;
• Needs to be a Self-starter, proactive.
(Please list any experience/skills that would be considered as desirable although not essential for this role)
• 8+ years professional software development experience
• 4+ years of programming
• Proficient in SQL and relational database design.
• Agile and DevOps experience – at least 2+ years
• Project planning.
• Google Cloud Platform, or other cloud vendor
About HSBC Technology China
We develop, implement and support software and IT services and processes that allow HSBC to remain at the forefront of high-quality banking systems. We develop and maintain systems for HSBC’s global businesses, as well as support functions such as Finance, HR and Risk. We work across a range of technology platforms and development disciplines, from mainframe to mobile technologies.
Our team includes software engineers and developers, architects, testers, IT and business analysts, consultants and programme and project managers, as well as team leadership and management roles. We employ people in almost all the countries and territories in which HSBC operates. Two locations of HSBC Technology China, including Guangzhou and Xi’an, are world-class technology hubs with industrial delivery capability.
Some careers grow faster than others
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
|Location:||China Guangdong Guangzhou|
Banking and Financial Services
PLEASE! No enquiries from Recruitment Agencies or Headhunters.
Only direct applications will be considered.