American Express is a global services company and the world’s largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide - combined with our leading edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities - enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests. Why work for American Express ? American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”. A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers. Role Overview: This position is part of the Investment Strategy & Effectiveness team whose mission is to enable superior customer care and satisfaction via investment in best-in-class servicing capabilities. This is a high visibility role and the incumbent will be responsible to produce high quality strategic tableau packages with the data related to multiple projects and programs driven in an agile environment highlighting value delivery of our investments across these capabilities/products to the executive/senior leadership team. The major areas of responsibilities for this role include:
- Conceptualize and build innovative dashboards that are simple, visually appealing, yet showcase a powerful story to present the value delivery of projects & programs using Tableau Software (accessible via Sharepoint and Tableau).
- Work closely and collaboratively with Business to understand the requirements and translate them into Tableau views.
- Designing and Implementing proof of concept solutions and create advanced visualizations using action filters, user filters, advanced integration techniques, and Level-of-Detail (LOD) expressions.
- End to End Tableau designer expertise, from Tableau data model publication, interactive dashboard, design/development to deployment/maintenance.
- Extend the knowledge to other verticals and share the best practices.
- This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
- This position seeks advanced Tableau developers having expertise on Tableau Desktop and Server.
- Should be able to create Tableau-based BI solutions and required supporting architecture with good sense of visual analytics.
- Ability to see the data sets and envision the best visualization techniques and prepare wireframe without much supervision.
- Candidates with experience working with CA Agile central (rally), JIRA or others project management tools and data sets would be highly preferred.
- Worked extensively with calculations, sets, Custom Hierarchies, Background images, Mapping, Actions, Parameters, quick/Context/global filters, LOD calculations along with ability to perform analytics and data mining on Tableau.
- Sound knowledge of SQL and ability to create reports utilizing raw data spread across multiple sources like Sharepoint, MS Access.
- Knowledge of Tableau Server administration.
- Should be a certified tableau qualified associate. Certified professional desirable.
- Exposure in building analytics reports especially in project/product management environment.
- UI/UX knowledge especially in Data Visualization space preferred.