Applications Support Senior Analyst-19025222
Apps Support Sr Analyst
Overview of Citi:
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
- The Equities Production Services group consists predominantly of business-facing teams mainly in Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, Australia, Korea, India and Indonesia. The role would be to provide an in-depth technical support for the Prime Finance applications working in tandem with the regional teams including the regional and in-country infrastructure support.
- Prime Finance is one of the most challenging and potentially rewarding areas to work within Citi MSST Technology. The application stack consists of a significant number of interwoven applications and components providing margin, agency lending, stock loan and borrow as well as prime brokerage capabilities across multiple markets globally. This team is also responsible for providing level 1 support coverage for non-Equities asset classes that use the Equities electronic execution platforms for their business The Prime Support team is tasked with the responsibility of ensuring high availability of the PF estate to business.
- The role entails working in the Pune team, developing deep application expertise, driving and tracking projects around stability and service improvement, incident resolution and follow-up activities and providing strategic technical solutions to the cash support footprint within the region.
- The successful candidate will part of Prime Finance applications support team, working closely with his/her peers in the region and report into the Delta One Support Lead in the region.
- The ideal candidate should be technically astute, well organized, and proactive and also be comfortable discussing issues with business and technical users at all levels. The successful candidate is expected to provide hands-on technical support and would be working with teams in Singapore, NY and London to provide seamless support to our applications globally. In addition, this person will work closely with Level 1 support, development teams and business units. The Candidate also need to possess good multi-tasking skills. The candidate must be willing to participate in the work shift Rota which includes weekends. It is anticipated that this role will involve a lot of hands-on work, so technical skills are essential.
- Own; Provide L1/L2 support for mission-critical Prime Finance applications
- Work closely with the development, QA and business support teams, and the Equities& Prime business to determine strategy & priorities and to ensure that the team is meeting the business’ requirements. Ensure team delivers on these priorities and communicated progress effectively to all stakeholders
- Provide technical application support, monitoring the applications and technical platform, answer queries via phone, e-mail and other communication mediums
- This group provides the detailed knowledge of the applications and the upstream and downstream dependencies. For example, they should be able to understand the application processes, database schema as an expert, but would not typically being be expected to read and understand the application code
- Perform appropriate problem solving tasks before passing to another team with previously agreed upon format, logs, etc.
- When dealing with major issues, the group would be expected to make key technical recommendations based on their knowledge of the systems and the process flows involved
- Follow through to ensure each problem is resolved according to SLA
- Effectively communicate issues and status updates with business support, regional colleagues, and development teams
- Create and maintain a knowledge base to ensure that knowledge transfer takes place within the team. Liaise with business support teams and application development groups
- Develop/Domain Expertise in Citi’s Equities Production platforms
Opportunity to work across with Equities APAC businesses in Citi
Significant interaction with senior technology and business partners
Opportunity to develop support and technical expertise to work in a diverse team with varied strengths that handles critical business/technology issues every single day
- Knowledge/experience of Incident, Problem, Change preferably on
- Service Now. Understanding of Software releases, ability to understand RISK assessment of Change
- Application Support Experience:
- Strong Unix and DB knowledge.
- Knowledge of ITIL methodologies.
- Good SQL experience in any of the RDBMS.
- Autosys/CONTROL-M or other schedulers will be of added advantage.
- UNIXshell scripting, Python/PERL will be of added advantage.
Additional Skills (preferable):
- Knowledge of Equities or Prime front/middle/back office processes and technology
- Excel VBA Macro knowledge
- Hands on support experience with automation skills
- Knowledge/working experience of ITRS Active Console/other monitoring tools
- Knowledge/working experience of Autosys/scheduler.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher with technology major
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary aptitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Should be a self-starter.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely; Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must have good attention to detail and a strong commitment to quality;
- High levels of personal commitment, professionalism and integrity
- Ability to have worked with off-shore teams and operating in a virtual team environment