Role Title: Senior Software Engineer
Business: Global Banking & Markets IT
Role Purpose / Description
- At least 3 years experienced on JAVA
- Translating requirements into system design specifications and the implementation of systems using JAVA
- Conduct software analysis, programming, testing and debugging
- Identifying production and non-production application issues
- Recommend changes to improve established java application processes
- To take part in software and architectural development activities
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline
- 3+ year solid working experience in IT industry based on JAVA
- Solid Java, database (MSSQL) experience.
- Good analytical, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Experience with RESTful web service architecture, API management, Microservices
- Prior experience developing software with a test-driven approach (TDD, BDD)
- Know how to work around a Unix or Linux operating system
- Working in an Agile / Scrum delivery methodology is preferred
- Familiar with devops tools: JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, Ansible
- Proactive, self-motivated, open-minded and able to work as part of a team
- Able to work independently and effectively under pressure
- Need to be able to communicate in English
- Know MQ is a plus
About HSBC Technology China
We develop, implement and support software and IT services and processes that allow HSBC to remain at the forefront of high-quality banking systems. We develop and maintain systems for HSBC’s global businesses, as well as support functions such as Finance, HR and Risk. We work across a range of technology platforms and development disciplines, from mainframe to mobile technologies.
Our team includes software engineers and developers, architects, testers, IT and business analysts, consultants and programme and project managers, as well as team leadership and management roles. We employ people in almost all the countries and territories in which HSBC operates. Two locations of HSBC Technology China, including Guangzhou and Xi’an, are world-class technology hubs with industrial delivery capability.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further
|Location:||China Guangdong Guangzhou|
Banking and Financial Services
PLEASE! No enquiries from Recruitment Agencies or Headhunters.
Only direct applications will be considered.