Global Cross-Border Payments Product Manager (Voyager Product Development)-19027028
We are looking for a Global Product Manager to join our Cross-Border Payments team in our Dublin office. This role is a great opportunity to have a tremendous impact on Citi’s mission to continue expanding our market leadership in cross-border and FX payments.
Through our flagship products, WorldLink Payment Services and Cross-Border Funds Transfer (CBFT), we offer cross-border payments solutions to over 200 countries in over 145 currencies via wire, SWIFT, ACH, cash, cheque and Alternative Payment Methods (APMs). Our clients benefit from the strength of Citi’s global network by offering capabilities and services through Citi Global Markets (FXLM), Citi’s branches and our global ICG banking business.
We are passionate about making payments simple, global and digital. As we invest for the future, we have launched a strategic transformation of our cross-border payments platform, to meet the current and future digital needs of our clients. You will be part of this team.
The Product Manager is responsible for leading successful execution of the FX integration of our future-state payments platform. S/he will be responsible to manage and coordinate complex set of activities across multiple, globally-dispersed and cross-functional work streams, including Sales, Product, Technology, Operations, Client Service, Marketing, Risk and Controls, Legal and other teams.
- Deliver innovative and scalable solutions to meet the objectives of the Cross-Border Payments strategy
- Deliver our future state FX payments ecosystem.
- Lead key work streams across TTS, FXLM and our Channels organisation
- Work closely with sales, product, innovation and client partners to develop impactful, viable solutions to meet untapped market needs
- Rapidly bring our products to the market with maximum client impact through rigorous planning, prioritization and execution
- Work closely with product partners teams to ensure our enhancements and solutions design are aligned to the product vision and strategy and provide a seamless client experience across our payments ecosystem
- Perform implementation reviews, champion new product features and ensure the prompt and proper resolution of technical challenges
- Manage our control framework to ensure we continue to operate in a pristine compliance environment
- Engage and review solutions with AML, Sanctions, Product Compliance, Credit, Risk, Third Party Management partners on a country, regional and global basis to ensure we meet Citi polices and market regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with PMO to ensure effective project control, proactive risk identification, remediation and seamless delivery to plan
- Leadership role in a commercial environment working within a very high profile product with significant innovation opportunities.
- Stakeholder exposure globally across many functions.
- Visible initiatives that impact the core of the product capabilities and are very relevant to traditional and emerging clients.
- Managing complexities through a role within a multifaceted product delivering payments in 200 countries for multiple clients segments.
- Working in a very dynamic team in a high paced environment which requires the ability to lead and manage multiple projects and priorities at the same time.
- Working within a team committed to personal and professional development.
- Play an important role in the evolution and delivery of a reimagined Citi's cross-currency payments offering globally in partnership with FXLM.
- VP/SVP level in a Cash Management, Trade or Securities Business, in a commercial business and/or operational environment
- Strong track record of results delivery and execution.
- Knowledge of Product Management disciplines, including the ability to undertake and lead a number of projects to drive commercial and financially responsible returns
- Knowledge of the emerging payments landscape for domestic and/or cross-border
- Some knowledge and experience of commercial business disciplines and operating models underpinning TTS products
- Some knowledge of Operations and/or Technology architecture and/or Payments infrastructure/systems preferred but not required
- The successful candidate will be highly self-motivated, will display strong interpersonal skills and should be able to demonstrate the ability and the desire to problem solve effectively with creativity and within constraints.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite in particular proficiency with Excel (with proven ability to manage large sets of data), and proficiency with Power Point (to prepare presentations to a very different target audience)
- Ability to influence and coordinate multiple internal stakeholders around a common goal and strategy
- Original and innovative thinking
- Rigorous attention to detail and focus on execution with resilience and conviction on the delivery of agreed objectives.
- Ability to operate at different levels (e.g., research/analysis, thought-partnerships, presentations, interactions with Citi and 3rd parties).
- Strategic skills but mostly ability to conceptualize and execute on the business vision.
- Strong research skills coupled with an ability to quickly and accurately analyse information, draw conclusions and present data-driven findings in written and oral presentation formats.
- Very strong communication skills
- Self-Starter with ability to work independently as part of cross-functional and cross-regional teams.
- Excellent organization and project management skills.
- Ability to manage and lead multiple priorities as well as with capacity to deal with reprioritization. bility to handle situations which can be stressful - or at minimum challenging - retaining control to guide other parts of the organization and/or make clear recommendations to management.
- MBA or Graduate Degree Preferred
- Undergraduate Degree/Third Level Qualification essential
The role is a ‘Controlled function’ CF as defined by the Central Bank Reform Act 2010 Regulations 2011.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer