Role Title: Senior Software Engineer
Business: Commercial Banking IT
Role Purpose / Description
Provides technical design and ongoing support for complex technologies, special and major projects. Possess extensive and specialized technical knowledge in the Business Systems area, which include applications development, business analysis, research and development, and systems integration for business systems.
Participate in the planning, testing and deployment of new systems enhancements, and facilitate system recoveries following major system or software related failures. Have the responsibility for implementation of standard processes across IT systems and teams
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Essential skills and 3 to 5 years of experience of the follows
- 3-5 years’ experience in J2SE, J2EE, Spring, MVC, and SQL.
- Familiar with design patterns and UML.
- Soft Skills - Communication skill/Language/Analytical and problem solving/Reporting/Multi-tasking, etc.
- Experience in project size and complexity estimation.
- Understanding of overall IT infrastructure.
The following skills and experience are advantages
- Good understanding on DevOps / Agile
- Good understanding and experience on CI/CD / Jenkins / Selenium
- Good understanding and experience on GitHub / JIRA / MuleSoft / Docker / PCF
- Some business knowledge in commercial banking
About HSBC Technology China
We develop, implement and support software and IT services and processes that allow HSBC to remain at the forefront of high-quality banking systems. We develop and maintain systems for HSBC’s global businesses, as well as support functions such as Finance, HR and Risk. We work across a range of technology platforms and development disciplines, from mainframe to mobile technologies.
Our team includes software engineers and developers, architects, testers, IT and business analysts, consultants and programme and project managers, as well as team leadership and management roles. We employ people in almost all the countries and territories in which HSBC operates. Two locations of HSBC Technology China, including Guangzhou and Xi’an, are world-class technology hubs with industrial delivery capability.
Some careers grow faster than others
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further