We are looking for a Global Product Manager to join our Cross-Border Payments team in our Dublin office. This role is a great opportunity to have a tremendous impact on Citi’s mission to continue expanding our market leadership in cross-border and FX payments.
Through our flagship products, WorldLink Payment Services and Cross-Border Funds Transfer (CBFT),
we offer cross-border payments solutions to over 200 countries in over 145 currencies via wire, SWIFT, ACH, cash, cheque and Alternative Payment Methods (APMs). Our clients benefit from the strength of Citi’s global network by offering capabilities and services through Citi Global Markets
(FXLM), Citi’s branches and our global ICG banking business.
We are passionate about making payments simple, global and digital. As we invest for the future, we have launched a strategic transformation of our cross-border payments platform, to meet the current and future digital needs of our clients. You will be part of this team.
• Responsible for programme oversight and governance of strategic transformation across 30+
- Oversight of full product management lifecycle from requirements to commercialization
- Ensure effective cross-functional collaboration across TTS and FXLM, including Product,
Operations, Technology, Risk, Compliance, Legal, Marketing.
- Manage budgetary requirements and investment spend
- Facilitate assessment of the change requests to ensure alignment with strategic roadmap and
strategic systems architecture
• Oversight of product performance, including financial, sales, product development, vendor
management, resourcing and risk.
• Accountable for overall coordination of the Big Data integrate through design to planning,
execution, and commercialization.
• Optimize the Cross-Border Payments network through the Global Network Efficiency
program. Includes performance monitoring of correspondent banks, as well as disciplined change
management to increase payment processing capacity and efficiency.
• Enable the Global Cross-Border Payments business to achieve sustainable growth through
effective management of the business’ governance, risks and controls.
• Promote a strong culture of risk and control awareness and compliance with policies and
requirements in Citi, and in particular, Citibank Europe plc and TTS.
• Lead initiatives for providing training and raising awareness on Global Cross-Border Payments
risks and controls, as well as processes and tools for risk prevention, detection, and reporting.
• Proactively and promptly notify and escalate emerging and existing issues and risks to
•Leadership role in a commercial environment working within a very high profile product with
significant innovation opportunities.
•Stakeholder exposure globally across many functions.
•Visible initiatives that impact the core of the product capabilities and are very relevant to traditional
and emerging clients.
•Managing complexities through a role within a multifaceted product delivering payments in 200
countries for multiple clients segments.
•Working in a very dynamic team in a high paced environment which requires the ability to lead and
manage multiple projects and priorities at the same time.
•Working within a team committed to personal and professional development.
•Play an important role in the evolution and delivery of a reimagined Citi's cross-currency payments
offering globally in partnership with FXLM.
• VP level in a Cash Management, Trade or Securities Business, in a commercial business and/or operational environment.
• Strong track record of results delivery and execution.
• Knowledge of Product Management disciplines, including the ability to undertake and lead a number of projects to drive commercial and financially responsible returns.
• Knowledge of the emerging payments landscape for domestic and/or cross-border.
• Some knowledge and experience of commercial business disciplines and operating models underpinning TTS products
• Some knowledge of Operations and/or Technology architecture and/or Payments infrastructure/systems preferred but not required.
• The successful candidate will be highly self-motivated, will display strong interpersonal skills and should be able to demonstrate the ability and the desire to problem solve effectively with creativity and within constraints.
Proficient with MS Office Suite in particular proficiency with Excel (with proven ability to manage large sets of data), and proficiency with Power Point (to prepare presentations to a very different
• Ability to influence and coordinate multiple internal stakeholders around a common goal and strategy.
• Original and innovative thinking.
• Rigorous attention to detail and focus on execution with resilience and conviction on the delivery of agreed objectives.
• Ability to operate at different levels (e.g., research/analysis, thought-partnerships, presentations, interactions with Citi and 3rd parties).
• Strategic skills but mostly ability to conceptualize and execute on the business vision.
• Strong research skills coupled with an ability to quickly and accurately analyse information, draw conclusions and present data-driven findings in written and oral presentation formats.
• Very strong communication skills.
• Self-Starter with ability to work independently as part of cross-functional and cross-regional teams.
• Excellent organization and project management skills.
• Ability to manage and lead multiple priorities as well as with capacity to deal with reprioritization. Ability to handle situations which can be stressful - or at minimum challenging - retaining control to guide other parts of the organization and/or make clear recommendations to management.
•MBA or Graduate Degree Preferred
•Undergraduate Degree/Third Level Qualification essential
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Banking and Financial Services
PLEASE! No enquiries from Recruitment Agencies or Headhunters.
Only direct applications will be considered.