• The purpose of the role is to support the management of a team of up to 20 analysts and SMEs in a busy deadline driven operational environment.
• To manage the day to day volumes of trades referred by the Transfer Agency to ensure AML compliance in line with Irish Regulations.
• The role will involve the review of new AML regulations and act as lead SME in order to implement and govern policy and best practice on behalf of the firm and the Fund.
• Oversight and implementation of effective AML reviews ensuring they align with strategic goals and objectives regarding products and services, organizational structures and existing capabilities.
• This position will require assisting with the detailed analysis of the current operating model, specific products and processes, with a view to automating and streamlining processes and assisting in delivery of any resulting AML projects.
• Development and utilization of MIS for the team.
Job Background/ context:
The role reports directly to the Global TA AML Head supporting the GFS business; with a matrix line to EMEA TA Ops Head locally.
This role will ensure that efficient and regulatory compliant standards are adopted into the team, delivered by the team with a strong client service sentiment.
Citi is operating in a continually changing environment and the AML team needs to drive forward with sustained change and process improvement, while developing staff and maintaining relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
• Day to day management of team and adequate allocation of resource to ensure effective daily trade activity, screening, investor follow up and in-queries within the terms of our internal and external SLA.
• Responsible for follow up with investors regarding outstanding AML documentation and update of records in this regard, in order to be able to report effectively to investors, Clients, Auditors and Internal Compliance, regarding investor AML compliance
• Effective maintenance and archiving of all AML documentation in line with regulation
• Remediation of investor bases converted form other administrators as appropriate
• Implementation of new Clients and streamline process
• Ongoing screening of investor against sanctions lists and appropriate internal and Client reporting based on results
• Preparation for and participation in Client operational calls regarding AML for the Client’s investor base; Due Diligence visits by Clients and Investors; Auditor visits
• Ensuring a framework is in place which cultures strong relationships with External and Internal Stakeholders including Our Clients, the TA teams in Global Fund Services, the Citibank Europe Plc MLRO, the Fund MLRO’s
• Review and implementation of new regulations; To include involvement in all phases of an implementation project, from initial analysis, vendor engagement, testing and roll out into the operations model.
• Ensure department AML procedures and processes meet both regulatory requirements and the requirements of internal Citi policies.
• Ensure close collaboration with counterpart in Luxembourg, HK to ensure alignments in the AML approach where local aspects permit. Share best practices
• Review of current processes and systems with the intention of identifying opportunities for operational efficiencies and defining a best in practice operating model for the AML team.
Management of team and stakeholders through accurate and relevant metrics
• Support and drive the development of the team.
• Play an active role in the broader global transfer agency management team supporting people, process improvement/ automation, regulatory and client service delivery.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with Clients regarding AML and to expand and develop operational legal and regulatory expertise.
• It is a highly visible role within the bank and the role with allow the successful candidate the opportunity to influence and lead an AML team in a fast paced and evolving financial services organization.
• Provides an opportunity to define and implement a best in practice operating model (including automation) for the AML team in line with Industry and Citi Global Fund Services strategic and operational goals.
• Extensive years funds experience, preferably in a TA/AML or Compliance environment (other AML experience will be considered)
• Ability to demonstrate management, coaching and leadership skill gained as a Team manager
• Detailed knowledge of Irish AML regulations and familiarity with the global AML environment
• Experience of running an operational team of at least 6 people
• Knowledge of hedge and mutual funds, including investor AML
• Experience of core systems used for TA/AML/Record keeping.
• Experience of system development from an SME perspective.
• Experience of process review.
• Strong planning, scheduling and organizational skills.
• Excellent people management, including people development and coaching.
• Ability to delegate, with appropriate controls to ensure effective running of the team.
• Strong risk and control skills.
• Attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
• Ability to demonstrate good leadership and judgment in an ever changing environment
• Agile, adaptable and highly motivated.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to negotiate and influence.
• Demonstrable ability to interact with senior management and clients showing in-depth knowledge of AML.
• Ability to manage numerous competing concurrent activities.
• Highly PC literate with excellent IT skills (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
• Relevant third level qualification
• ACOI or equivalent compliance qualification
• Performance Management/ Coaching/ Leadership training
Core Skills and Competencies:
• Leadership, people management, coaching
• Excellent communication/facilitation skills.
• Excellent time management, problem solving and analysis
• Excellent audit skills, with attention to detail
• Ability to deal positively with challenges and time pressures.
• Ability to draft concise written reports with attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently, and within a team unit.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer