Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management leverages HSBC’s global retail banking expertise and wealth management capabilities to deliver a broad range of world-class retail banking solutions to millions of customers. Driving for growth in key markets around the world, the business comprises areas such as retail banking, wealth management, insurance and asset management, with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels that will differentiate our customer experience and deliver market leading retail banking and wealth management solutions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join this team in the role of Senior Project Manager.
This role reports into the Head of Strategic Delivery within RBWM Management. The role holder will manage a complex and transformative strategic scale change programme i.e. the Strategic Business Outlook (SBO) Programme for RBWM. Malaysia business is a priority scale market for RBWM and a strategically important contributor to the country P&L. This will be achieved as a result of an ambitious growth plan, supported through significant business investment in systems, people and channels.
Working closely with the Head of Strategic Delivery, the role holder would be required to programme manage the SBO, introducing structure, governance and be responsible for programme reporting at various committees / forums.
Additionally, as a Senior PMO, the role holder will be responsible for most if not all of the following:
• Influencing the project approach, building stakeholder buy-in around the project plan, commitments and changes
• Driving project delivery proactively, balancing planning, scope, schedule, budget, communications and risks
• Managing and planning resources, responsibilities and schedules
• Establishing effective project controls and procedures and quality assurance processes
• Managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Reporting progress, issues, dependencies and risks to project or programme leadership and committees
(as appropriate) and making recommendations to influence decision making, in order to maintain progress towards delivery and benefits realisation
• Providing management to maintain a focus on how the project aligns to wider programme objectives, where appropriate, and to the change portfolio across HSBC
• Driving the adoption of HSBC project standards and working in alignment with HSBC project methodology at all times
• Leading the team to meet performance targets aligned to objectives
Well-developed leadership skills to engage and drive at all levels, internally and externally
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business, related field or equivalent experience.
Detailed knowledge of how the organization fits together and the ability to mobilize established networks to get things done.
Ability to drive the agenda, influence and communicate at all levels of the organization with a wide range of external stakeholders.
Strong business acumen and ability to continually make trade-off decisions.
Good understanding of financial services products across the RBWM markets.
Self-starter, comfortable working with concepts, ambiguity and on their own initiative.
Broad experience of major programme management techniques
Sound understanding of the HSBC business, network, customer segments, products offered and competitive market
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC takes pride in a diverse and inclusive working environment that sees our people benefit from mentoring, flexible working and the support of Employee Resource Network Groups. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. HSBCNAN
Issued by HSBC Bank Malaysia Berhad.
|Location:||Malaysia Kuala Lumpur|
Banking and Financial Services
PLEASE! No enquiries from Recruitment Agencies or Headhunters.
Only direct applications will be considered.