Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explain what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
TTS GLOBAL INNOVATION LAB – New York
The TTS Global Innovation Lab specializes in helping Citi Treasury and Trade Solutions to deliver on its ambition of being the financial ecosystem for global commerce. The lab focuses on solving key challenges for our clients; exploring opportunities to utilize disruptive new technologies such as block chain and artificial intelligence; engaging in impactful partnerships with fintechs; and promoting an internal culture of entrepreneurship and open ideation.
Opened in 2009 the Citi Innovation Lab Dublin was the first Lab in Citi’s now expansive global lab network. Operating on a lean start-up model, the labs have the ability to move a new solution from incubation to launch more quickly, which allows Citi to bring innovative new products to market faster. Dublin was followed by the opening of a lab in Singapore in 2016 and the creation of a focused team of Innovation Catalysts in New York.
The NAM Innovation team is focused on delivering across three major verticals: customer-led innovation facilitation, fintech partnership engagement and finally, supporting Citi-franchise innovation programs such as D10X and working closely with the Citi Ventures unit.
Job Purpose Statement:
An Innovation Catalyst must be highly motivated, have proven leadership ability and experience working with client stakeholders and emerging technology themes within the financial services industry.
The successful candidate:
- Is expected to challenge the status quo, question assumptions and generate new ideas by looking at situations from multiple angles.
- Should be open to learning and exploring new information and practices; interested in understanding how things work.
- Takes time to reflect on experiences; spends focused energy processing information, gaining deeper insights into problems, themselves and others as a result.
Job Background / Context:
Citi is committed to becoming the world’s leading, global digital bank and to developing new and innovative ways of working to improve the experience our clients have of working with Citi and its products.
We are looking for candidates who will be help maintain our success as leaders within global transaction banking, and accelerate our efforts to become a major part of the future of cash management and trade solutions.
The successful individual must have proven exposure and knowledge of transaction banking products or processes, clearly defined experience in working in a client-facing role and background and/or personal passion for operating outside the BAU in driving future-forward, complex ecosystem product topics forward.
Key Responsibilities: In this role, you will be handling the following (but not limited to) responsibilities:
• Drives co-creation with clients and works with product teams to deliver innovative solutions
• Act as a liaison to business / product teams thus building partnerships at regional and global levels to enable executions against strategic business priorities
• Challenges long-standing assumptions and identifies new ways of solving problems
• Proposes non-traditional methods when tradition impedes performance improvements
• Become a focal point of contact for all stakeholders throughout the innovation lifecycle and work with internal and external partners to design, validate and deliver solutions with a commercial benefit for Citi
• Manage multiple concurrent initiatives and projects of varying sizes & complexity
• Create new & maintain existing partner and vendor relationships.
• Effective upward and downward communication on all notable progress to all key stakeholders,
• As the catalyst you will retain overall control and will be accountable for delivering innovative initiatives through:
Partnership - Continually seeks the customer’s (internal / external) point of view and uses learnings to create new solutions.
O Enabling innovation - enabling partners to deliver innovation while taking on an innovation leader role in the core organization
O End-to-end delivery – delivering all aspects of projects from business case to production deployment and beyond.
Development Value: This role provides significant opportunities:
• You will gain significant experience of the technologies and businesses involved across Citi applications, giving you exposure to new and existing methodologies and systems as well as the opportunity to work with multiple teams around the globe.
• As a member of the Innovation Lab you will have to opportunity to work with a team of highly motivated individuals whose daily job is to think out of the box and look for disruptive opportunities with a commercial benefit.
• Exposure to newly released and upcoming technologies and the ability to positively contribute to the strategies of the business
• By working within the senior leadership team of the innovation network you will be highly visibly across the Citi and will have access to a get number of Citi’s executive management team.
Knowledge / Experience
• Deep knowledge of institutional banking business (treasury services and transaction banking preferred)
• Hands-on experience dealing with clients and senior stakeholders / buying centers to drive meaningful outcomes
• Experienced is co-creation, solutions development, applied research, experimental development and early design activities to validate/invalidate ideas.
• Keen interest in emerging technologies (block chain, data science etc.) and understanding of its current / potential impact on the traditional banking space.
• Creative problem solver comfortable with working in rapidly evolving landscape and projects loaded with uncertainty.
• Reflects on experiences and utilizes setbacks as an opportunity to learn and improve
• Thinks beyond own area of responsibility examining linkages and interactions between different parts of a system
• Ability to collaborate effectively across diverse groups from senior stakeholders and clients to junior team members.
• Acts with a sense of urgency to move others to action, even when outcomes are uncertain.
• Confidence to makes difficult or unpopular decisions and stands behind them.
• Ability to facilitate diverse groups through a structured design process in workshops or via remote activities.
• A minimum of 6+ years’ experience in a similar role
• A bachelor’s degree or post-graduate qualifications (Innovation / Banking field desirable)
• Experience working with innovative and emerging technology/themes.
• Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
• Work effectively in cross-organizational situations and be enthusiastic about delivering quality solutions while working with world-class teams, processes and tools.
• Embraces feedback from others to make changes to improve impact and effectiveness
• Highly effective written and oral communication skills
• Excellent organizational, program and project management skills.
• Demonstrate excellent technical knowledge and equally enthusiastic about business acumen.
• Promote teamwork and maintain effective communication within and across groups.
• Promote and drive continuous process improvement especially in code quality, testability & reliability
|Location:||United States New York New York|
Banking and Financial Services
PLEASE! No enquiries from Recruitment Agencies or Headhunters.
Only direct applications will be considered.