Junior Developer, C# or Java-19019019
- In Citi FX we are revolutionizing the technology platform for Price generation and trading of FX products. Our team is responsible for developing the end to end pricing, trading, dealing & Market Data infrastructure for FX Front office trading activity. There is a challenging combination of FX business domain analysis, C#/Java application development, and distributed architectural design. The primary responsibility is to design and develop distribution solutions and maintain the production environment. This involves complex technical challenges, and a good understanding of the FX business environment.
- Key Responsibilities:
- Design and Development of software components using C# or Java
Re-engineering of server side processing.
Continual improvement of the software development lifecycle and quality of the product.
Ensure adherence to Citi software development policies and lifecycle.
Partner with geographically distributed team to define and execute solutions.
Be comfortable working on production support escalations as well as planned development tasks.
- Attribute Summary:
- Knowledge/Experience Technical Skills
- Strong foundation in core Java or C# and appetite to learn and implement latest frameworks
- Has knowledge or exposure of developing and supporting mission critical applications.
- Has knowledge or has been part of designing and developing distributed systems using a range of middleware and database products.
- Knowledge of FX an advantage
- Proficient in core Java or C# development, concurrency and multithreading.
- Unix (Linux & Solaris) & Windows. Commands & scripting.
- Oracle (SQL and PL/SQL).
- Process and tools to produce well written low defect rate code.
- Experience of collaboration tools (source control).
- Qualifications Soft Skill Competencies
- A good academic background, with at least an under-graduate degree, preferably in a mathematical or technical subject.
- Strong aptitude for analysis and problem solving.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Results orientated and able to demonstrate innovative thinking.
- Personally well organized & an excellent team player.
- Willingness to learn.
- Calm and analytical when faced with major incidents on critical systems
- Flexible and adaptable. Not restricted to operating within “comfort zone”.