GF - APAC Institutional Corporate Group Tech Internal Audit – VP-19029448
- Internal Audit is a global organization of over 1000 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi’s numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
- This role directs the timely delivery of high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates, and of Citi’s respective regulators, globally.
- The Institutional Client Group (ICG) Technology Audit team provides technology audit coverage for the ICG businesses which comprises Capital Markets, Trade & Treasury Solutions, Investor Services, Citi Private Bank and Corporate & Investment Banking. The position is based in Singapore and will have responsibility for providing technology audit coverage of key systems process in support of the ICG businesses across Asia.
- Delivers on time high quality audit reports, Internal Audit and Regulatory issue validation and (where appropriate, branch examinations, as well as business monitoring and governance committee reporting.
- Effectively manages and executes audit activities for a component of a product line, function, or legal entity at the regional or country level including a portion of the audit annual plan. For larger audit reviews, manages an audit team responsible for completion of the audit work.
- Applies in-depth level of expertise in one or more of the Bank's businesses and leverages this knowledge into a leadership role in one or more teams.
- Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts and use of technology.
- Leads the professional development of Internal Audit staff.
- Develops effective senior line management relationships and has a strong understanding of the businesses.
- Applies an in-depth understanding of the inter-relationships of business and support units throughout the Bank and how they impact the overall control environment and the audit approach.
- Uses excellent communication skills in order to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners. Effectively negotiates on matters which will have a major impact on the area managed.
- Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Possesses strong project management and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions, exhibiting initiative and intuitive thinking. Consulted often by others for advice and opinions and recognized as a leadership role model.
- Participates in major business initiatives and pro-actively advises and assists the business on change initiatives.
- Frequently involved in matters that require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought such as identifying solutions for a variety of complex and novel audit control issues And proposes creative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control problems. Partners with internal and external stakeholders to develop approaches for addressing broader corporate emerging issues.
- Serves as lead reviewer for all types of reviews.
- Reviews and approves Business Monitoring Quarterly Summaries.
- Collaborates effectively with other TCTP and business audit teams and helps support them in achieving their objectives.
Qualifications and Competencies
University degree or equivalent. Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus.
Minimum 7 years senior level experience in a related role with experience in business, functional and people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing concurrently on a portfolio of high quality deliverables to stakeholders according to strict timetables.
Specific subject matter expertise regarding technology application control disciplines and a solid business understanding of ICG products.
Demonstrates experience in managing teams and managing integrated internal audit and assurance delivery (or equivalent projects) within a matrix reporting environment.
Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of Internal Audit, business management and external stakeholders (e.g. external audit and regulators).