Anti money Laundry China Financial Intelligence Unit ICG Team Lead-19023193
- Manage and lead a team of AML Analysts, and coordinate the workflow of the investigative process of the team
- Monitor the workload of each Analyst and ensure that relevant policies and procedures are followed.
- Validating and authorizing submissions of requests for further information, escalations or suspicious activity recommendations
- Provide direct oversight on AML case quality and address deficiencies. Work closely with Management and Quality Assurance Team to ensure that the team’s work product is consistent with Global FIU standards and best practices.
- Mentor and coach more junior team members
- Escalate issues to Senior Management and/or other stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Lead and develop the team through effective communication, performance management, and reward/recognition practices.
- Line management responsibilities for analysts, including performance management, coaching, hiring and training
- Interface with relevant units and the business in regards to investigations, as well as other ad-hoc projects.
- Document review findings, ensure awareness of conclusions and prepare a report of findings for Compliance and Business management.
- Responsible for communicating with senior managers, members of the Business, AML monitoring units to ensure findings are incorporated in all aspects of the AML control program.
- Conduct checker reviews of case files, case tracking logs and various AML processes.
- Reviewing Analysts’ recommendations for further enquiry, escalation or closure
- Supporting implementation of new products during UAT of systems and processes
- Drafting STRs recommendations on relationship retention or termination, and track recommendations and account closures, as required.
Qualifications Skills and competencies:
- Ability to understand and comprehend financial products and complex AML typologies and patterns.
- General understanding of Senior Public Figures, Money Service Businesses. Wealth Management and retail Banking preferred as well as compliance with those business segments.
- Strong writing, analytical, communications skills and attention to detail. Must be able to multitask and complete projects on time.
- Should be a self-starter and organized, and must have the ability to work independently, without supervision
- Ability to understand and draw conclusions from research conducted.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and project management skills
- Excellent research skills including experience with online research tools
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Must be familiar with the following materials:
- 5+ years of experience in reviewing customer transactions and information for potentially suspicious activity and performing AML or fraud investigations.
- 2+ years of experience in writing and preparing Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements and/or performing AML or financial investigations.
- 2+ years of managerial experience required.
- Work experience in a financial institution with job specific work experience in AML. Familiar with AML typologies and risks associated with banking
- Laws and regulations applicable to money laundering in the country of application, as well as the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), the USA Patriot Act, OFAC, FinCEN requirements and Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) requirements and guidelines;
- The Recommendations of the Financial Action Task Force on Money Laundering (FATF), including recent FATF Annual Reports.
- Banking/Finance/Business background
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, interact effectively, with different levels of management and to operate with excellent corporate work ethics (timely, honest, respectful and considerate to co-workers)
- AML / Compliance/ law enforcement backgrounds and/or internal candidates who can demonstrate a firm understanding of Citi AML policies and procedures is a plus
- CAMS certification preferred