Customer Service Analyst
More jobs by this advertiser
This is a Band 28 requisition.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to takeon their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learningand collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. Wehave their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time tospend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new careerpath, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into thebest future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.Don’t make a difference without it.Don’t live life without it.
•To set up and maintain merchant accounts in Genesis for the UK market.
• Processing contracts (coordinating and analyzing incoming contracts, highlighting errors and timely following up corrections via email in order to meet service levels with our Business Partners (GMS), retrieving and downloading electronic File Feed, performing strict Anti-money laundry checks, assessing risk to business – AML/Internet Fraud, using language skills. Managing the affiliation of new merchants within the set SLAs.
• Responding to maintenance requests, analyzing & resolving outstanding issues before the requests are carried out and translating the requests into appropriate computer (Genesis) language.
• Analyse Suspense/rejected payables and perform due diligence
• Liaising with the various affiliation channels to ensure this process runs smoothly (Third parties, Client Managers, Acquisition, Sitel, SRS, Genesis Agreements etc). Utilizing business knowledge to manage large strategic maintenance changes whilst maintaining relationship with SRS and Client Managers. This involves discussing and agreeing time frames with key internal contacts in order to provide win-win solutions.
• Carrying out bank changes.
• Is responsible for relationships with key internal contacts (Acquisition, 3rd party acquirers, Client Management Group, Strategic Alliances and Front Offices) service level agreements and quality with minimal supervision.
• Co-coordinating and effectively liaising between the various agencies in Amex (Third parties, End to end, GMS Pricing, Acquiring Markets, GMS Client Managers, Engineering, Technologies, Genesis Agreements).
• First contact resolution - understanding written requests from FO and translating into computer language,
• The timely resolution of issues around the maintenance requests (which can be quite complex) in order to meet SLA and customer expectations
• Effectively organizing incoming work to meet/exceed the agreed time frames and SLA for both internal and external customers.
•Graduate. Relevant Experience An Advantage
•Excellent Oral And Written Communication Skills
•Strong Interpersonal And Coordination Skills
•Strong And Committed Customer Focus And Consistent Demonstration Of Service Excellence.
•Compliance With Company Policies And Procedures.
•Ability To Take Independent Decision & Meet Stringent Deadlines.
•Good PC & Excel Skills
•Strong Result Focus
• Grasp for technical information/ analytical thinking
• Thorough knowledge of Genesis and procedures – SME’s for Merchant department on Genesis hierarchy and functionality
• Attention to detail, ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines,
• Ability to work independently with little supervision and ability/willingness to make decisions that impact the business
• High relationship skills - influencing/negotiating skills, problem-solving skills, language fluency
• Customer service skills, written communication skills and training/coaching skills.